Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)
  • Author

<em>@mfcphil 127413 wrote:</em><blockquote>Please don’t thank me!!!</blockquote>
    I could not concentrate in my work for last 48 hours. I felt so bad due to this. The ‘thank you’ was just for your understanding. 🙂

Menalto Friend

We all should thank abhishekdas for actually getting into this discussion and answer.
    Well done:D

mj1256 Friend

This is a great thread and it shows the power and integrity of not just the JA community, but the Joomla community at large. I started my own extensions site (http://www.joomlacache.com) and it wasn’t a week before my extensions were on the warez sites. There is not way to stop it except for the vigilance of the Joomla community. I choose the same root as JA, no pay, no registration, no support! At least I’m not supporting users who ripped off my extensions.

If joomladump’s work was also posted on the JED, all you need do is inform them and the JED team would have suspended his account pending an investigation. The JED does not tolerate these bootleggers.

As for the administrator, unfortunately, and we cannot know for sure, he may very well have not known about the bootlegging of the work. I have found many Indian companies claim to be Joomla experts, but really know nothing about Joomla and the community. when they do work on a Joomla site they just work as if it were straight PHP and are totally ignorant of the architecture and how it goes together.

Last year I worked for a short time with a company that did not know about, sh404, artio, joomlapack, joomXplorer, JCE, CB, myBlog, jomcomment, and other basic extensions needed for running a Joomla site. Needless to say, they lost me as a client very quickly. They also had hardcoded the template index so that none of the positions worked anymore, they just hard coded everything as it Joomla did not exist. Unfortunately, this is common in the outsourcing world as these companies make fake claims of expertize.

Only because of my experience and knowledge of joomla, was I finally able to find a fantastic company to work with.

SO, again, great job to all involved and your actions are what makes the Joomla community strong.

I award this post 5 out of 5 smiles
    🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

mj1256 Friend

hey menalto, your back, nice to see you 🙂

I also commend abhishekdas for standing up and posting a reply in the forum.

abhishekdas Friend

<em>@instantinlaw 126957 wrote:</em><blockquote>Looks like they are also ripping off the vm themes site too. I feel sorry for the poor suckers they get to purchase something from them.</blockquote>
    All VM themes are completly designed by JoomlaDump.com only. The review about the theme on VirtueMart extension site is posted by real user. No fake.

abhishekdas Friend

<em>@questbg 127353 wrote:</em><blockquote>Think a few things in the code give this away as stolen, for instance:

<link href="/blade/templates/ja_purity/favicon.ico" rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" />

or

<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://demo.joomladump.com/blade/templates/ja_purity/css/template.css" type="text/css" />

There’s more too. Has Hung actually replied in this thread and is he aware? If not, can a mod ensure that JA are aware of this theft please?</blockquote>
    hope its clear now. We are not stealing anyones creation.

mfcphil Friend

While we can not prove one way or the other if you knew or did not know what you were selling…the truely great thing that has come out of this is that you won’t be able to allow such a thing to happen again.

The Joomla community do not want this type of thing happening and they shout very loudly to let eveyone know when things like this are taking place.

TomC Moderator

Okay, so where’s my 5000 bonus point reward for being a vigilant Community Member?

😎

:p

instantinlaw Friend

abhishekdas;127430All VM themes are completly designed by JoomlaDump.com only. The review about the theme on VirtueMart extension site is posted by real user. No fake.

First, I didn’t question the review, but see below about my comment on that.

Second, there was no reason for me to believe that everything on your site wasn’t stolen as well due to the fact that you were selling a stolen template to begin with.

Furthermore I can’t believe that you didn’t know about what was hapening on your own site. If you are smart enough to build and run a website, you are smart enough to be aware about what happens on the site.

Now seeing that there was a review about the template it means that you sold at least one copy of the template, which means that you had knowledge about it being for sale on the site.

You got caught doing something you shouldn’t have been doing, and passing it off on the misterious third man doesn’t fly in my book.

Hopefully now that the cat is out of the bag you will opt for the ethical way of doing business.

jsliao Friend

well the blade template definately looks too much like purity for me. and the source code really confirms it. you should check with your team members one whether they have ‘derived’ their work based on purity template as it may be the case and if that is true, you should remove it.

abhishekdas Friend

<em>@jsliao 127461 wrote:</em><blockquote>well the blade template definately looks too much like purity for me. and the source code really confirms it. you should check with your team members one whether they have ‘derived’ their work based on purity template as it may be the case and if that is true, you should remove it.</blockquote>
    I repeat ‘BLADE’ is not a Joomla Template. It is just a VirtueMart Theme. We are using JA Purity to show the demo of the VM theme.

Hung Dinh Friend

Hi abhishekdas,
    So you are the Admin of JoomlaDump! It’s is such a shame in the Joomla open source community. You are doing business on a open source masterpiece and ripping off from a Joomla fan. You should have treated us like your friend, a Joomla friend. I wish I had been here earlier if I was not so busy with JA MICA

Clearly your are not just distributing the template illegally but you are selling a stolen template from JoomlArt. As a business man, I am sure you clearly know how your “looking-good” business can end up with:

Here is what I would have done if I were you:

1.Refund all of the sales related to the JD BAZAAR (JA Zeolite) template to users
    2. Write an official Apology on the JD homepage to all of your users + JoomlArt.

Facing & Correcting a mistake is a good thing we do when we make a mistake. Never make more mistakes by “passing it off on the mysterious third man”. (And you are passing it off on your own team; never say you do not know what they are doing. You use JA template for your own main site and you never realize that Bazzar is zeolite? Its hard to believe. So do not claim that you did not know the JD BAZZAR is ripped from JA Zeolite.

We all will be here to listen to your response & I will not take any legal actions if you give respect to all of your members as well as our members. If not, I believe all members here will show me what to do next.

@ drarvindc, mfcphil, mj1256, tcraw1010, abhishekdas, hanifahmed, questbg, tcraw1010..
    Will you kindly help me to take a proper legal action? 🙂
    PS: drarvindc has collected all necessary proof

abhishekdas Friend

Hi Hung,
    I am extremely sorry to bother you in this case. I have personally apoligized to all JD users on our Forum
    also sent an official apology to Joomart by email to webmaster@joomlart.com yesterday.

<blockquote>On 3rd May’ 09 one of our team member has published a Joomla 1.5 template on our site name JD Blade which is a copy of Joomlart.com JA Zeolite template. The same was removed from our site immediately after receiving the information and the team member has been sacked from our team. We deeply apologize to Joomlart for this inconvenience. We have no intention to play with others copyrighted material and as an Administrator of JD I never permit that. We also confirm that all of our products posted on our site are solely copyrighted with JoomlaDump Co. only.

We are using ja_purity (the default Joomla 1.5 template) to show the demo of different VirtueMart Layout and Theme, like many other site. We re-confirm that we are not selling any copyrighted material one site.

We request your understanding and cooperation in this regard.

Regards,

JD Administrator</blockquote>

I have also apologized for this incident on JA Forum as you can see it in my earlier post.

Joomla Bazaar was posted on our site 4th May around 12:30 am and I personally removed the same from our site immediately after I was informed about the copyright around 8:00 am of the same day. Fortunately there was no sale for JD Bazaar happened on our site within this 7:30 hours period. In case it happened I must have refunded that money to Joomlart.

Being as a part of Joomla community I was very annoyed with the whole event. I immediately fired the team member who actually posted JD Bazaar.

I am always been friend of Joomart. And that was reason I took the stand to come on this thread and accept our mistake.

Once again I apologize for the whole event and request your kind cooperation to help us to continue with our very small business. I also assure you that this kind of activity will not be permitted on our site in future.

hanifahmed Friend

Abishek, if you really are using JA Purity as just a demo and not selling it off as part of the VirtueMart extension, then this needs to be made clear on both the description AND the actual demo.
    I realise you are using VirtueMart to sell your extensions – so this should be easy to do to.

abhishekdas Friend

<em>@hanifahmed 127564 wrote:</em><blockquote>Abishek, if you really are using JA Purity as just a demo and not selling it off as part of the VirtueMart extension, then this needs to be made clear on both the description AND the actual demo.
    I realise you are using VirtueMart to sell your extensions – so this should be easy to do to.</blockquote>
    Hanif, it is under VirtueMart Theme Category only. Please see the Breadcrumb on the download page

You are here: Home > Download Area > VirtueMart Theme > JD Blade! VirtueMart Layout & Theme

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)

This topic contains 89 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  cgc0202 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum