Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi guys, as you can see in the images I added a new categorie and it show a list of articles and not the default blog style. How do I have that list visualized as blog?

Thanks

1. catelist
    2. cateblog
    meioaereo Friend

Hi sorry guys. I figured out what the problem is. I had AceSEF instaled messing up with lots of things.

I realy wish I could use something to help me with SEO that does’nt mess up with other things in the website.

Any idea?

kryptos Friend

<em>@meioaereo 164350 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi sorry guys. I figured out what the problem is. I had AceSEF instaled messing up with lots of things.

I realy wish I could use something to help me with SEO that does’nt mess up with other things in the website.

Any idea?</blockquote>

I had the same issue a few months ago, and I had to uninstall AceSEF.
    I couldn’t find solution for that problem.

korb Friend

Hello,

If you:
    1. set blog category layout,
    2. enable any SEF extension
    3. change layout from blog to list produces no effect.

Solution 1
    Use sh404SEF, (really got better with latest build I have tested myself) and enable showing “Table” for list category layout and “Blog’ for blog category or section layout, then purge sh404SEF cache.

Solution 2
    This should work for any SEO extension: make sure you have no duplicate content into your menu structure, for instance:

index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=1&Itemid=3 <– this is a blog layout
    index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=1&Itemid=4 <– this is a list layout

both point to almost same content, and SEF extensions luckily can manage this situation. After any change in the menu structure, make sure you purge the cache.

For any other question regarding SEO, I am here to assist.

Regards,
    Danny

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  korb 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum