Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

I have mainmenu on top and on the left . I am getting double breadcrumbs – when I click on baby boy(shopping ) on top main menu opens up mainmenu subcategories on left menu and the category page open to the right and breadcrumbs is baby boy > baby boy. If I click on top in main menu on left tops I get baby boy > tops >baby boy > tops.

1. breadcrumbs
    imsleepy Friend

Can you post a live URL?

gschorr Friend

sorry – not live but here is an attachment

1. breadcrumbs
    imsleepy Friend

It’s difficult to try to figure this one out without a live URL to discover where the error might be. Maybe someone else will have some suggestions.

Sorry.

Phill Moderator

What have you got published in that position of your template?

gschorr Friend

the only thing I have published in that position is breadcrumbs

Phill Moderator

Hmm, I have had this problem when I have had other things published in the same position. I thought I only had breadcrumbs installed until I selected that position in the modules position dropdown (in the joomla backend) and found I had something else there.

Have you tried deleting the breadcrumb module and recreating it? Are you sure that those menu items are not repeated twice in the joomla menu manager? (can happen when upgrading joomla from 1.0 to 1.5 and a few other components can cause the same)

gschorr Friend

I only have breadcrumbs assigned to main menu but then it looks like it is coming up with my categories page or my product page again. How would I uninstall just breadcrumbs and reinstall it? I cannot find it when I am trying in uninstall modules – only lists there ones that can be uninstalled and breadcrumbs not an option.

Phill Moderator

Maybe I didn’t word it correctly. Go into module manager and select the position breadcrumb in the select position dropdown. See what modules you have there and check the settings of the breadcrumb module orunpublish it and create a new one.

gschorr Friend

I did it but it still happens

Phill Moderator

Hmm, without a live URL it is quite hard to suggest what is going on.

If you want, email me a copy of your sql dump and I will see if I can work it out

phill (at) windsurf (dot) me (dot) uk

gschorr Friend

Is the breadcrumbs somehow on the vm – because I used menu type of virtuemart instead of a link – would that be oK?

How would I make a copy of sql dump?

Phill Moderator

Use phpmyadmin and export your database to a file

gschorr Friend

attached is the db dump – thanks

Phill Moderator

best you delete that file as there may be data in there you don’t want to share such as passwords. That is why I suggested mailing it.

I’ll take a look a the file later as it is bed time here in the UK

OK, I’ve taken a look and it is down to the way you have set up your menu structure. You do not need to create menu items for each product as virtuemart does that for you. If you click on baby boys and monitors you will see how it is done. There are no duplicated breadcrumbs there.

You just need to create your products in vitruemart then instead of using the standard menu there is a virtuemart products module you use instead.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  gschorr 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum