Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

I’m not sure I understand – when I create a menu or menu item – it should not be of type virtuemart? What should it be?

Phill Moderator

You do not need to create menu items for VM as it is doe automatically. Go into module manager and create a new module of the type vm products module and publish it in the left position. That will do the trick for you.

gschorr Friend

I now have the left menu but I am still getting it – what should breadcrumbs be on? I have it on main menu(top) and I still get everything 2ce. If I don’t put it on any menu I don’t get anything coming up.

Phill Moderator

Delete the baby boy, and big boy menu items from main menu.

For some reason you have two positiions assigned to the breadcrumb position too. unpublish the one you have calles test. The other one called breacrumbs should be in the position breadcrumb, order 0::breadcrumbs

gschorr Friend

I had 2 because someone suggested I should create a new one and unpublish the old one – which I did. So there was only one type breadcrumbs that was published. (I did switch it anyway but it does not make any difference). Also – if I delete those from the menu – I do not have the menu on top and I would like it on top – not just on the side.

Phill Moderator

For the top menu, create those links as direct links rather than of the type virtuemart.

gschorr Friend

what does it mean direct links? I know it means as type link but what do I link to? this page=shop.browse&category_id=18&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=75?

gschorr Friend

I did a test – no left menu at all – just top menu when I have breadcrumbs on comes out home>big boys > big boys. Definately doing from menu what I picked and then what is on category page. If I take off breadcrumbs nothing comes up – not on category page either. How can I get breadcrumbs off category page?

gschorr Friend

anybody has any suggestions?

Just in case anyone has this probelm – answer can be seen
    http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=41749.msg136615

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  gschorr 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum