Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

If it wasn’t the trick, then why did it display when I reinstalled – whereas before it did not?
    I didn’t touch/change a thing in between original and reinstall.

mfcphil Friend

I think It is not the trick. may have got lost in translation there Tom!

TomC Moderator

Perhaps you’re right . . . . “that’s the trick” = that was the solution, for me

🙂

Anonymous Moderator

Hi tcraw1010

it is a bug and we fixed it. Please kindly see following link again:

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showpost.php?p=153832&postcount=9

limeweb Friend

<em>@JA Developer 154255 wrote:</em><blockquote>

it is a bug and we fixed it. </blockquote>

Fixed it where please? Has the download quickstart package been updated with this fix? If so, should not the download package be re-versioned to 1.1? If not, is it necessary to crawl through the forum to find all ‘fixes’ and make them all manually?

As a general JA policy, how many bug fixes do there need to be before a template download moves to Version 1.1 – with a link to the fixed issues?

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

limeweb;154438Fixed it where please? Has the download quickstart package been updated with this fix? If so, should not the download package be re-versioned to 1.1? If not, is it necessary to crawl through the forum to find all ‘fixes’ and make them all manually?

As a general JA policy, how many bug fixes do there need to be before a template download moves to Version 1.1 – with a link to the fixed issues?

Dear limeweb,

It has been fixed in the SVN and download package updated. I am sorry for the inconvience caused in hunting the forum.

Generally the version are released if there are critical updates. Currently, we try to release updates for templates within a month of release or earlier based on feedbacks, problems, suggestions from users. Also the Project Manager (Bug tracker) is open for public to submit bugs, feature requests and road maps for future releases.

Version release is not based on number of bug fixes. Its on the nature or severity of bug. Even if there is a single bug which might hamper the quality of the template, version would be released with announcement. You can subscribe to the JA Blog to recieve notifications via email.

Arvind

limeweb Friend

<em>@drarvindc 154440 wrote:</em><blockquote>

It has been fixed in the SVN and download package updated. </blockquote>

hi Arvind

Thanks for your response. I’d like to believe what you say is true but I am having some difficulty with that.

Firstly I do subscribe to the blog and nothing has come through on the bug fix mentioned above. If I am mistaken I stand to be corrected if you can show me the blog item.

I reported a bug (and its fix) in the August template. In fact you personally thanked me for finding the bug and fixing it. However, even the most recent quickstart download template does not contain that fix.

As you also know, there are bugs in the same template that I’m trying to get the JA team to look at and thanks to your help they may still do so. I think even you will agree however that August to December is a long time to tackle something which for the developers should be relatively straightforward.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

limeweb;154478hi Arvind

Thanks for your response. I’d like to believe what you say is true but I am having some difficulty with that.

Firstly I do subscribe to the blog and nothing has come through on the bug fix mentioned above. If I am mistaken I stand to be corrected if you can show me the blog item.

I reported a bug (and its fix) in the August template. In fact you personally thanked me for finding the bug and fixing it. However, even the most recent quickstart download template does not contain that fix.

As you also know, there are bugs in the same template that I’m trying to get the JA team to look at and thanks to your help they may still do so. I think even you will agree however that August to December is a long time to tackle something which for the developers should be relatively straightforward.

Dear limeweb,

Subscribing to blog, gives you the information as and when new products or versions are released.

Please forward the link of your thread with the bug report. I shall reply back on its status asap.

Please forward the bugs you have encountered in the August Template. I shall put them on priority and get back to you.

Yes, i do agree August to December is a long time for attending to issues.

Please help me in getting the issues solved.

Arvind

limeweb Friend

<em>@drarvindc 154495 wrote:</em><blockquote>

Subscribing to blog, gives you the information as and when new products or versions are released.

Please forward the link of your thread with the bug report. I shall reply back on its status asap.

Please forward the bugs you have encountered in the August Template. I shall put them on priority and get back to you.

Yes, i do agree August to December is a long time for attending to issues.

Please help me in getting the issues solved.

Arvind</blockquote>

Dear Arvind

The bugs with the Mona template are well documented in that forum so no need to repeat them here. I have already reported them and have a ticket tracking number Ticket ID: BWG-167199. I don’t think there is anything more I can do to ‘help’. I also have a reply dated 23 Nov that says:

Dear limeweb

I am terribly sorry for my delay

I am waiting our developer team to fix it. I will inform you tomorrow

Sincerely,
    Cao Hau

If you could move that to priority it would be appreciated.

Meanwhile, I think you may have missed my point regarding template fixes. As you say, the blog gives information on new products and versions – but it does not show where bugs have been found and fixed in various templates. Members are never sure therefore whether or not Version 1.0 is indeed the original or if JA have updated with bug fixes. The only way to find out is to install a template and if found ‘buggy’ to then trawl the forum to discover the type of bugs found and their fixes and manually adjust the install. Surely there must be a better solution than this?

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear limeweb,

I had requested the links of thread with the so called bug report. Since, you are using the template it would have been easier for you to help me with it. Anyways..

Your Ticket ID is regarding the http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?p=153502 and JA Developer has replied back to it http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showpost.php?p=154559&postcount=7

Please confirm the same.

<blockquote>Meanwhile, I think you may have missed my point regarding template fixes. As you say, the blog gives information on new products and versions – but it does not show where bugs have been found and fixed in various templates. Members are never sure therefore whether or not Version 1.0 is indeed the original or if JA have updated with bug fixes. The only way to find out is to install a template and if found ‘buggy’ to then trawl the forum to discover the type of bugs found and their fixes and manually adjust the install. Surely there must be a better solution than this?</blockquote>

Blog gives information of version update along with links to Changelog and Bug Tracker. With each version one can see the bugs that have been fixed, how more easy can this be?

We never said that if bugs are found we wont fix them? If you come across bugs you can use the Bug Tracker and can track your status. You are always welcome to forward any delayed response to me, I can request a priority check on a case per case basis.

For some issues it is obvious that the fix might take time, in such cases one need to have patience.

Arvind

limeweb Friend

drarvindc;154440

It has been fixed in the SVN and download package updated. I am sorry for the inconvience caused in hunting the forum.

Even if there is a single bug which might hamper the quality of the template, version would be released with announcement. You can subscribe to the JA Blog to recieve notifications via email.

Arvind[/quote]

Would you be kind enough to send me a link to the JA Blog entry that shows the version release along with the announcement that this bug is fixed please.

Blog gives information of version update along with links to Changelog and Bug Tracker. With each version one can see the bugs that have been fixed, how more easy can this be?

Arvind

Try to curb your sarcasm Arvind. For my part, I’ll try asking the question again.

You note that “Generally the version are released if there are critical updates.”

My question is simply when the bug fixes are not considered critical and therefore not needing a re-version, are the ‘minor’ fixes updated in the downloadable V1.0 (with an announcement that minor fixes have been made) and if so can you point me to an example of such a minor bug fix announcement?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

This topic contains 26 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  limeweb 14 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum