Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

There was a similar question asked for Joomla 1.0.xx.

Basically, in the FrontPage Module, the default ordering of the articles included would be the latest (based on the date of creation), although the FrontPage Module articles could be arranged “maually” by ordering the FP articles.

In JA News (for Joomla 1.5.x-Teline II v1.5, I placed “order” in the JA News module, and it does not have any effect. In the JA News module, for the “Article Order:, there are three choices in the drop-down menu:

1. Order
    2. Created Date
    3. Modified Date

First, is Order a choice, in the above drop-down menu? Note, the two other choices appear to work.

Cornelio

Sherlock Friend

Hi cgc0202 !
    I have check the problem in new version of teline ii , it runs well :
    Please open mod_janews.xml file in modules/mod_janews folder line 29 :

<param name="ordering" type="list" default="ordering" label="Article Order" description="Order by date or by ordering">
    <option value="ordering">Ordering</option>
    <option value="created desc">Created Date</option>
    <option value="modified desc">Modified Date</option>
    </param>

this is code to define for value for Article Order select box option.
    open mod_janews.php file in modules.mod_janews folder line 10 :

$ordering = trim( $params->get( 'ordering', 'created desc' ) );

this is code line to get ordering from Article Order select box.

then open helper.php file in modules/mod_janews folder , find following code line at about line 217 :

$query .= ' ORDER BY a.'.$ordering;

with 3 obove line code , i make sure that Article ordering function of ja news runs well. Please check it again !

giuse Friend

I have the same problem, message #5 of this thread http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/nagya-update-joomla-2-5/#post-267875

I have Joomla 1.5.6 and I found no way of having the created descending order for articles in the JA News Frontpage (JA News are fine). I checked what you mention here, but the effect of changing ordering options in the Menu item seems to be null…
    I saw a couple of other posts on that, I think there might be a problem here…?
    cheers and thanks

Giuse

giuse Friend

Found a way to change article order on JA news frontpage: go to “FrontPage manager” in Joomla and set the order there. It works!
    The order of frontpage articles in “Article Manager” has no effect on the article order in frontpage manager, and just the last one counts.
    seems that latest created does not have effect..?

cgc0202 Friend

Hi Hainn,

I examined the Code, and they are correct as you indicated. But, this will not work in the Homepage Why? Because the articles in each Section are arranged by Category, not like in the way the articles are arranged in the News Frontpage module. There is no way therefore to order all articles in a Section.

When Order is Chosen

…to order articles in each Section in the Homepage: Only the first article in each category will appear — according to the order of the Categories in a Section

Not too sure on this: if an article in a Category for a Section, the first article in that Category will not be the one to show first in the Section, as shown in the Homepage.

I tried the above by moving articles in one Section — World in this Demo page:

http://joomla.bayanihan-saranay.com/jte15x099/

Please try. It will be very long response if I give example even just for one section.:)

Cornelio

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@giuse 76670 wrote:</em><blockquote>Found a way to change article order on JA news frontpage: go to “FrontPage manager” in Joomla and set the order there. It works!
    The order of frontpage articles in “Article Manager” has no effect on the article order in frontpage manager, and just the last one counts.
    seems that latest created does not have effect..?</blockquote>

Hi giuse,

Yeah, there is no problem ordering in the JA News Frontpage.

We are talking about ordering articles in each Section in the JA News manager, as viewed in the Homepage. And, it does not work.

This is a very significant and fundamental (basic) flaw of Teline II.

I think — unless Joomlart create a way to order all articles in each Section, like in the JA News Frontpage — it is not possible to order all articles properly in each Section. The same problem is encountered in the Section Intro Page.

Cornelio

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cgc0202 16 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum