Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

You have to place it after the opening <head> tag, not at the very top of the template index. You also should technically have a space before the closing slash of the meta tag. It will look like this:

<head>
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" />
    :::Rest of Header Code:::

That should do the trick.

bashkim Friend

yes it works just fine now:D

Phill Moderator

Have you tried downloading the template today? JA have added propper fixes for IE8.

bashkim Friend

okey thank you will downloadit now.. maybe JA should inform users about this fix;)

Phill Moderator

<em>@bashkim 124158 wrote:</em><blockquote>okey thank you will downloadit now.. maybe JA should inform users about this fix;)</blockquote>

Like this one in News and Announcements you mean;)

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/all-templates-updated-to-joomla-1-5-10-bug-fixes-for-official-ie8/

David Steadson Friend

I’m also still having layout problems with the supposed to be IE8-fixed Sanidine II template. In my case the main content windows are loading with extra margins down the left and right, which is pushing the right column off the edge.

1. sanidine_IE8
    David Steadson Friend

I fixed my problem by changing line 53 of templatesja_sanidineii_lightindex.php from

<!-->

to

<!-->

freemangl Friend

<em>@icerat 125402 wrote:</em><blockquote>I fixed my problem by changing line 53 of templatesja_sanidineii_lightindex.php from

<!-->

to

<!-->
    </blockquote>

this one works good!

mattrobo Friend

I have noticed this problem as well and have implemented the Meta fix but when I looked at downloading the full fix it says the file is from October 2008-

So am I looking in the wrong place? Or is it in another spot?

Thanks Mattrobo

Phill Moderator

The date is wrong. It seems JA are not too hot on updating the dates on files they have updated.

mattrobo Friend

ok so I ignore the date and download anyway. Cool and thanks… thats not very good for version control. I will have to do it on a dev box because I have changed a few css files and if they dont update the file date they wont update a change log….grrrr..

But at least it is done.

Thanks Mattrobo

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

This topic contains 26 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  mattrobo 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum