Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Help I am trying to add an unordered bulleted list into an Article and it shows up without the bullet points.

You can see it here – http://macvillagepro.com/joomla161/landscapeservices/landscapedesignservices

When I am in the article editing they are there but they do not show up when the page is rendered.

Please help!

Thank you>:(

himangi Friend

Hi,

Can you please provide admin access, I would like to take look at the css.

The styling for bullets is currently applied from plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/css/addons.css Did you install a quickstart or you have made changes in the template? Cause I dont see any css applied from the template, all styling seems to be coming from plugin css files only.

khoand Friend

Hi,
    You add this code into /plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/css/template.css file

div.item-content ul{
    padding-left:30px;
    }

skeeterharris Friend

Hi and thank you for your help.

I will send you a PM with Admin access so you can take a look.

This was a manual install the theme and the only change to template.CSS so far was around the #header to make it shorter and specify the size of the company logo which is in the same section of template.ccs

himangi Friend

Hi,

I was trying making changes in my Ja Droid in J1.6 and it crashed after saving template.css, so I have not changed your css. I am not sure if this happens everytime or for JA Droid only or anything but it seems a potential bug, so I will ask JA developer to take a look at it once.

I cleared all the cookies related to the domain, session etc and I could see everything in admin again, but tried saving template.css and admin threw me out and on logging in again it gave me 500 error again.

I have observed that I dont see the bullets either until I put some class to ul as explained in the typography page in Droid demo. So will raise this to JA developers as well. Meanwhile to solve your issue, you can add
    <blockquote>.ja-moduletable ul li, .ja-module ul li, .ja-content-main ul li {
    list-style:disc;
    line-height: 160%;
    margin-bottom: 5px;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding-left: 30px;
    }
    </blockquote>
    in your template.css using ftp access. let me know if this solves your problem.

skeeterharris Friend

A sincere thank you for your help!

I am concerned about your statement regarding cashes and will be anxious to hear what your developers say. If they need FTP access please let me know. I have not seen any issues as I have been working on this site for the past 3 weeks. It is running as a development site and I will ultimately move it over its own domain once we complete it instead of a sub direction under my company domain.

Regarding the error 500

I can tell you that the ja_droid directory on the server has permissions 755, folder CSS is 755, and template.css is permission 604

I will make the additions you noted above and follow-up

Thank you again. Skeeter

skeeterharris Friend

Well I added the code you provided to the bottom of template.css however I had no luck the bullets do not show up.

The Article that I did this with is “Landscape Design Services”

Attached is a picture of the edit screen so that you can see them there but the do not show up on the site.

I also tried this on a quickstart installation and they worked so I must be missing something with my manual install 🙁
    :((

1. Safari
    himangi Friend

Hi,

Please add following styling in addition to the previous styling.
    .ja-moduletable ul, .ja-module ul, .ja-content-main ul {
    list-style: disc;
    }

I am sorry if I scared you about JA droid template file saving. And I think you may have misunderstood what i meant. I observed this problem for th first time and it was on my installation not yours. But because I saw it on my end, I have raised it to JA developers just to make sure there is not any problem.

skeeterharris Friend

Hello again,

Thank you for your time with this issue – However it still did not work. 🙁

I have added the following code to the end of template.css, which is the file located in folder ja_droid/css correct?

.ja-moduletable ul li, .ja-module ul li, .ja-content-main ul li {
    list-style:disc;
    }

.ja-moduletable ul, .ja-module ul, .ja-content-main ul {
    list-style: disc;
    }

himangi Friend

I am not sure why the styling is not applied. I have asked another developer to take a look.. Please wait for some time.

thanks.

skeeterharris Friend

Hello and YES thank you for having someone else look at it. I thought it might be the editor I was using and I did try changing the editor but that did not work either.

chavan Friend

Hello,
    Please add one more property to this:

.ja-moduletable ul li, .ja-module ul li, .ja-content-main ul li {
    list-style: disc inside none;
    }
    Please try and hope this would work 🙂

amita Friend

Hi Did you try thuannt’s solution ? Let me know if your issue is solved, so that I can closed the ticket related to your issue.

skeeterharris Friend

Hi I am sorry I did not see thannts response until now. Yes I did try it and I am thrilled to say that now bullets do appear on lists! Thank you very much! I do have one question is it easy to make text that appears after the first line to be indented the same as the first line after the bullet so they line up?

Please see example under “option 1” on this page – http://macvillagepro.com/joomla161/landscapeservices/landscapedesignservices

Thank you again! 😀

ninjacat Friend

I have this issue as well. I did my own installation and then installed the template. I think the css is missing from the 1.6 template.

but the fix worked for me as well. Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  ninjacat 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum