Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Is it possible to create a discussion forum page in with Fagus? the same kind of forum as this one … if there’s one anyone please let me know …
    Thanks in advance,

instantinlaw Friend

There are a few good forums that are components for Joomla, and some good bridges to incorporate forums like this forum. Some components are Fireboard and Joomlaboard. Take a look in the extensions directory at Joomla.org. Any component will work with any template, but you might have to mod the css to make it blend with Fagus.
    Good luck

tianellita88 Friend

Thanks … let’s see how it works ..

Michael Casha Friend

I suggest you install them and check them out, I’ve found finding a forum that suits you is difficult – because there are so many out there!

Menalto Friend

Fireboard: its ok and free, easy to install and is a part of joomla right away.
    PHPBB: its ok and free, easy to install and use, but a bridge is needed to get a singel log in with joomla, reguire some work to install add on’s.
    SMF: its ok, and free, a bridge is needed to get a singel log in with joomla, many problems have problems to install add on’s to it, but this is a host error too.
    VBULLETIN: Same as Joomlart uses, costs 160$ if i remember correct, a bridge is needed to get a singel log in with joomla. Install add on’s is easy with some training.

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@Menalto 39706 wrote:</em><blockquote>Fireboard: its ok and free, easy to install and is a part of joomla right away.
    PHPBB: its ok and free, easy to install and use, but a bridge is needed to get a singel log in with joomla, reguire some work to install add on’s.
    SMF: its ok, and free, a bridge is needed to get a singel log in with joomla, many problems have problems to install add on’s to it, but this is a host error too.
    VBULLETIN: Same as Joomlart uses, costs 160$ if i remember correct, a bridge is needed to get a singel log in with joomla. Install add on’s is easy with some training.</blockquote>
    bbpixel have a wonderful bridge, and when JA work on their own Joomla bridge that’ll be out too for vBulletin.

mfcphil Friend

Fireboard is cool and here are some free templates

tianellita88 Friend

how do you make the forum accessible to people?

mfcphil Friend

If you are going to use Fireboard see here every answer you need can be found here 😉

marigny Friend

Hi,

I want also a forum for my site. I have a vbulletin, but where can I get the bridge? I don´t find it with google.

mfcphil Friend

Fireboard dosn’t require a bridge…simply plug and run :p

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  mfcphil 16 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum