Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi.

Yet another great template.

I have a problem in that there are no bullet points showing. The text indents to the right fine but there is no text point of graphic.

Any ideas?

TIA

scotty Friend

They’ve been written out with CSS. Not sure what the logic of that is JA?

ul li {
    background: none;
    line-height: 160%;
    padding-left: 30px;
    }

You can add your own in. Just make a bullet image and change to…

ul li {
    background: transparent url(images/PATH TO YOUR NEW IMAGE);
    }

blugreen Friend

Thanks for that. Fixed

Noman Friend

For some reason, this solution doesn’t work for me. All I’m getting is just a full background of bullets. It doesn’t add a bullet character in front of the text.

I have made my custom bullet.png and it’s in ../images

Am I missing something please? Thank you.

alicebb Friend

The reason that the bullet inage was omitted from the CSS looks like it’s because it doesn’t display nicely when you use the mainmenu module as that uses the ul li definition too as well as an arrow.png image for each menu item. So only change the CSS to add bullets if you are not using the mainmenu module or at least not using it in List mode.

The reason for the full background of bullets is that you need to specifiy a no-repeat for the image. You also need to sepcify exactly where on the line it is to sit. By trial & error I found that this was the best for me. Change the values 7px & 7px to suit.

ul li {
    background: transparent url(../images/bullet-list.gif) no-repeat scroll 7px 7px;
    }

Cheers

Nigel

Noman Friend

… and this works perfect Sir. Thank you!

Noman Friend

Sad story…

Now, I have bullets in RSS Feeds, sub Menus and in other places, where I do not want them No clue what’s happening. I think, I will revert changes back and add bullets manually. Thanks guys anyway 🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Noman 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum