Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

i am looking to display just picture’s– my products… within the body section of the template… right now i am thinking to just use a category blog layout to display the intro and then my products in 2 to 4 columns…
    can anyone suggest a better approach…

the template i am using is telline 2….

thanks
    trey

lcristian Friend

What I would use in your case is Simple Image Gallery Pro ( LINK )
    To see it in action, follow the link above or this one : LINK
    Because it’s working as a plugin / mambot, you can use it everywhere.

beyondsports Friend

ok… forgot to mention but each and every pix needs to open another page / gallery with additional pix….not a slideshow… but the pix need to visible in rows and columns…. there are 6 to 8 products per state and then 6 to 8 in another layer… if that make’s any sense….

would ja news tab’s work? ? ?

my products are separate for each state my client has a business in…
    state’s ie…

1. alabama
    2. georgia
    3. florida panhandle
    4. north carolina
    5. south caolina

i hope i am making sense…
    trey

beyondsports Friend

christian tell me if i am making this more complicated than it should be… this is what i am thinking–oh and i just bought the image gallery component…

use a news tab’s…. or similar component— and put the state’s on each tab; so, when you click on the tab that state’s image’s will appear…and then i could create additional layer’s for each image…

kinda grasping at idea’s here…
    thanks
    trey

lcristian Friend

Well, If you are convinced that you’ll keep it simple and there will not be any daily updates for what you need, you can use “my technique” 🙂
    I won’t use tabs, because you’ll hide 80% of what you want your user to see.And many of the guests won’t switch the tabs.
    Try to do it straight forward and make all the states visible.

As for linking categories to pictures, you can put a link in the picture’s description.
    Just tease the guest and he’ll follow up.

You can also make some modules and show them as category description : READ HERE

beyondsports Friend

forgive me for being a little confused…. what is your way… i am all ear’s… im pretty stumped at this point to get it started…

can you explain in detail your way?

trey

lcristian Friend

ok, first lets see if i understood what you need.

you need on your client’s frontpage to show pictures with some products.
    these pictures are going to provide a way to the actual products wich are category based by states.
    for this to happen you want to get advice from us on how to achieve the layout and functionality.
    if i followed your idea, let me know, otherwise make it a litle bit clear so i can tell you how would i do it if i were you.

TomC Moderator

<em>@beyondsports 74445 wrote:</em><blockquote>ok… forgot to mention but each and every pix needs to open another page / gallery with additional pix….not a slideshow… but the pix need to visible in rows and columns…. there are 6 to 8 products per state and then 6 to 8 in another layer… if that make’s any sense….

would ja news tab’s work? ? ?

my products are separate for each state my client has a business in…
    state’s ie…

1. alabama
    2. georgia
    3. florida panhandle
    4. north carolina
    5. south caolina

i hope i am making sense…
    trey</blockquote>

Perhaps you can create a visual mockup of what you are going for ??

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 16 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum