Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I’ve tried in Firebug to increase the header where the logo is and nothing happens. My logo is just too large for the space allowed. Can the height of the header be increased and if so, how please?
    I thought I’d moved pass this point in my customization by now. :-[

Appreciate the help. Thanks!

Regards,
    GeoVi

bennitos Friend

Yes it can be done 🙂

First increase the hight of the header:

template.css line 469

#ja-header {
    height:80px;
    position:relative;
    z-index:99;
    }

And then increase the hight of the logo:

template.css line 486

h1.logo a, h1.logo a:hover, h1.logo a:active, h1.logo a:focus {
    background:transparent url(../images/logo.jpg) no-repeat scroll 0 0;
    display:block;
    height:50px;
    left:0;
    position:absolute;
    text-indent:-300%;
    top:15px;
    width:388px;
    }

For your good cause 🙂

GeoVi Friend

<em>@bennitos 136833 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yes it can be done 🙂

First increase the hight of the header:

template.css line 469

#ja-header {
    height:80px;
    position:relative;
    z-index:99;
    }

And then increase the hight of the logo:

template.css line 486

h1.logo a, h1.logo a:hover, h1.logo a:active, h1.logo a:focus {
    background:transparent url(../images/logo.jpg) no-repeat scroll 0 0;
    display:block;
    height:50px;
    left:0;
    position:absolute;
    text-indent:-300%;
    top:15px;
    width:388px;
    }

For your good cause :)</blockquote>

If anyone could do it, I knew you could! 😀

Thank you, Bennitos. I think I was increasing the logo height and NOT the header height when I tried. I did that at 3:30AM or so, and will blame it on a fried brain.

You’re always there for the cause. And I always appreciate it so very much. 🙂

didima Friend

nice one l want to try this and need to get developer licence

tadam Friend

Do you know why the template doesn’t accept png logo file? I changed the logo file extension from jpg to png in the template.css and uploaded the file to the image directory of template color style but when I refreshed it doesn’t show. But renamed the same file to jpg the logo shows up properly. Where else can I modify to make the template accept png logos?

GeoVi Friend

<em>@tadam 138903 wrote:</em><blockquote>Do you know why the template doesn’t accept png logo file? I changed the logo file extension from jpg to png in the template.css and uploaded the file to the image directory of template color style but when I refreshed it doesn’t show. But renamed the same file to jpg the logo shows up properly. Where else can I modify to make the template accept png logos?</blockquote>

tadam, I am not sure of the answer but I believe you have to change the html code somewhere. You may wish to try in the code shown above, changing the jpg extension to png. I’m talking about the code that has the transparent jpg, the post that answers my question.

Hopefully someone else will see this and give you the answer.

Good luck!

TomC Moderator

tadam;138903Do you know why the template doesn’t accept png logo file? I changed the logo file extension from jpg to png in the template.css and uploaded the file to the image directory of template color style but when I refreshed it doesn’t show. But renamed the same file to jpg the logo shows up properly. Where else can I modify to make the template accept png logos?

Try loading the logo image into the main image file – not necessarily the color files.

sfpkent Friend

Thanks for the advice. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  sfpkent 15 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum