Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello. Is it possible to add the login prompts (login, forgot password, register) to position A where the user tools are displayed? How do I go about doing this?

Anonymous Moderator

Hi missyw,

You can do this issue with my guide:

+ Open file index.php in templatesja_corona folder, about line 104, find the below script:
    <!– BEGIN: USER TOOLS –>
    <?php if ($tmpTools->getParam(JA_TOOL_USER)) { ?>
    <div id=”ja-usertools”>
    <?php $tmpTools->genToolMenu($tmpTools->getParam(JA_TOOL_USER)); ?>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>
    <!– END: USER TOOLS –>

This position, i can define a new position. For example, I change this script to :

<!– BEGIN: USER TOOLS –>
    <?php if($this->countModules(‘login’)) : ?>
    <div id=”ja-usertools”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”login” />
    </div>
    <?php } ?>
    <!– END: USER TOOLS –>

I defined a position with “login” name, then i login to administrator, go to Extensions-> Module manager, edit Login Form module, enter direct position “login” name into dropdown position. Save changes then go to the mainpage to check changes.

Hope it helps.

missyw Friend

Dear Developer

Thank you! It takes me part of the way. I followed your directions – mostly. But I added the new code after the existing user tools as I want to leave the user tools where they are and have the login prompt a bit to the left of the tools. I changed the Login Form module to be in the new “login” position as you instructed. Now I have the old login prompt at the top of the page near the user tools.:) But it has a few problems:
    1. It starts a bit low on the page, and lists the prompts one below the other instead of side by side. If you look at say the Sanidine template you will see how I would like it to look.
    2. The login prompts do not include ‘Create Account’ (only Username, Password, Remember me, and the Login button.
    3. The formatting is wrong. I would need to somehow create new formatting like, say on the Ja Avian template.

Can you help? Thanks so much.
    Missy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  missyw 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum