Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have just installed joomla 1.7 with Portfolio template.
    I want to use differents slideshow on pages with different size.

I explain:

On the home page i want a slide with 970×340 px it’s ok
    On 3 pages i want to use a slide with 970 x 280 px
    I’ve duplicate the original module but if i change the height on the second module, the height on the first module is changed too.
    How i can make?
    thanks for help.

Sorry for my bad english.

TomC Moderator

This CAN be accomplished . . . however I believe it is going to take some code customization to achieve – including, I believe, creating a new divs for the module position(s) within the appropriate block files – as well as relative CSS for the “duplicated” positions – so that you can achieve the varying height and width proportions you want. (This can be as simple as copying/pasting the existing CSS for the original slideshow parameters – renaming them to the new div you created – and then modifying/customizing them for that/those divs accordingly)

Of course, your image sizes will need to be appropriately sized as well.

You CAN utilize multiple instances of the same JA Slideshow module – so you won’t need to modify any PHP or Javascript code in that respect. I would simply recommend naming your duplicated modules a bit different than each other – so you can tell them apart within your Module Manager list.

YES, this whole process WILL take a bit of time/patience to work through and get to where you want it . . . but believe me (from my own personal experience), the learning experience as part of the process is invaluable. 🙂

GOOD LUCK WITH THIS . . . and PLEASE follow-up with us when you accomplish this goal – as I am certain many of us would be very interested (and inspired) to see the result.

TOM

P.S. (I am going to field this by a couple of my astute Support Team colleagues as well – just to make sure I’ve steered/advised you correctly). 😎

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 13 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum