Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi

I would like one featured article always to be first on my list on the front page.

How do I solve that?

Thanks
    Regin

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    can you add a screenshot for it
    At which position on front page you want to show this article permanently?

alexsmirnov Friend

<blockquote>
    How to create an “article sticky” on the Front Page?

Articles assigned to the Front Page will be added on top of the existing Front Page articles.

To prevent manual ordering every time a new article is added to the Front Page, it’s possible to create a sticky:

– goto the Front Page Manager

– give the article that should stay on top a negative ordering (e.g. -1).

– new added Front Page articles will be placed underneath it.

Reference: http://docs.joomla.org/Joomla_secrets#How_to_create_an_.22article_sticky.22_on_the_Front_Page.3F
    </blockquote>

Hope this helps

Regards

Alex

regin Friend

Hi

Im using the Magz template, and it is showing the latest articles on the front page. Fine for a magazine, but I want to use the site as a business template, and here I need a static front page article. The other links below the static article may very well change as I produce ned content, but I would like the top article to be static. So… I tried Alex´ solution, but I cannot use -1 in the Featured articles section of the article manager… When I write that, It just jumps back to “1”.

Here is a screeentshot of my issue:

Thanks
    Regin

1. frontpage_Static_article
    alexsmirnov Friend

Hi there,

Please play with setting the hits count for the static article that you want to stick always at the top to a very large number, like 10000. You can do so via phpmyadmin, table #_content. See how it goes.

Regards

Alex

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello regin
    To show the static articles in on the Position Home-10 via Latest Article modules .
    You can simply add those article in a new category .
    And add the category into the module options >
    it will always pick the articles from that category only .
    Hope it helps

1. EdTechReview™-ETR-Administration-Module-Manager-Module-Latest-News
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 10 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum