Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Is there a way to turn Zite into a more traditional fixed template or should I just scrap using it and move on to a different template?

What I like about Zite is the animated slideshow. If I can make it animate with another template in the same way, I don’t have to use Zite

Zite is by far the closer template to what I am trying to achieve, but I cannot use the responsive feature and I need a grid under the slideshow area.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Yes, you can do that.
    <blockquote>Admin area->Extensions->Template Manager->JA_Zite – Default->Layout tabs->Edit Default</blockquote>
    You can find this script

<stylesheets>
    <file media="only screen and (max-width:719px)">css/layout-mobile.css</file> <- responsive on mobile
    <file media="only screen and (max-width:479px)">css/layout-mobile-port.css</file> <- responsive on mobile
    <file media="only screen and (min-width:720px) and (max-width: 985px)">css/layout-tablet.css</file> <- responsive on tablet
    <file media="only screen and (min-width:986px) and (max-width: 1235px)">css/layout-normal.css</file>
    </stylesheets>

You can remove responsive on mobile and tablet.

sotjoom2 Friend

Thank you so much for the replay. I think I have already done that yesterday, and it seemed to fix a few things, but the template remained responsive.
    But before I make a fool of myself, let me check and make sure about what I did. I’ll post back as soon as I can.
    Thank you again.

EDIT: Indeed, I had made the change yesterday by commenting out the smaller screens css calls. However, it doesn’t seem to have had any effect. I even took out the conditionals in the slideshow CSS file and that helped from having the slideshow itself resize itself, but as far as the whole template, when I resize the screen it’s still rearranging the various <div>

is it possible that I have to edit some of the min-width max-width in the CSS (if they are there?) and set static widths?

Ninja Lead Moderator

No need, you can do with my suggestion and remember to clear cache after changing anything, if your issue still exists, please send pm me with URL and admin access, i will help you out of it

Ninja Lead Moderator

I helped you remove responsive on your site. Please check it again.

sotjoom2 Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 343662 wrote:</em><blockquote>I helped you remove responsive on your site. Please check it again.</blockquote>

Fantastic, that works great now. Thank you. What exactly did you do (if you can explain it quickly. I’ll be happy to write something more extensive on my own for future visitors to this post). I also have a copy of the files locally, so I will run a diff on them to see what you may have done and try to save you the trouble.

One problem I am still experiencing is slideshow Lite that is still scaling some of my images . I already eliminates the conditionals in one of the files relative to the slideshow (mod_jaslideshowlite-custom.css) and that helped, but it may very well be that by commenting out those conditionals I reactivated some code elsewhere that has a similar effect.

Another thing I am having issues with is that the slideshow lite no longer has many controls in the administration, so I presume I have to go in the code to edit things like automatically sliding the images and so forth. is that the case? Where is the file?

Again, thank you very much for your help. I am really grateful for it.

sotjoom2 Friend

Hi Ninja, I just backed up my local files and I have downloaded the live files again. I run winmerge on the two sets of files and I cannot find any differences in the files at all. It’s really strange. Could you be so kind to at least let me know where I should look for the changes?

it’s really important to me that I understand what is going on with this template as I’ll be maintaining it in the future for this company and they may want me to make changes to it.

Thank you

EDIT: I think I found it.
    info.xml

At least I don;t recall making a change there. But I am comparing with the demo of Zite so I could be wrong.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Ninja Lead Moderator

@sotjoom2: I changed on this file templates/ja_zite/info.xml
    and remove script below

<file media="only screen and (max-width:719px)">css/layout-mobile.css</file>
    <file media="only screen and (max-width:479px)">css/layout-mobile-port.css</file>
    <file media="only screen and (min-width:720px) and (max-width: 985px)">css/layout-tablet.css</file>

jacqueline stott Friend

Hi there

we are also wanting to make our website non responsive while we try make all our custom htmls modules responsive – but when we follow the steps at the top it works but then our main menu/nav disappears?

any suggestions as to where it is or how we can get it back.

thanks

Ninja Lead Moderator

Please follow this thread

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 11 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum