Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

can new Module positions , NOT modules, but actual Positions like top, left right etc, like name a new USER one, but with the new USER one to be inside the content box?

I would like to have one, well a position with some PHP extention i downloaded but it only goes to the side, i can’t select any other option

Menalto Friend

Which php extension is it?
    is it a module that you wanna place somewhere or?

lastdon Friend

well it is php jumi right now,

I just like more options to have modules were the main content or ” blog ” be you know?

not always on the side.

to be honest, even just other modules.

lastdon Friend

to be honest, not even the php jumi, ANYTHING module or the ones like Testimonials i would like to place where content is, but i cant. doesn’t show anything on how to do it.

lastdon Friend

anywhere here know? or is support non existant for these things?

Sherlock Friend

hi
    in joomla, you can only have module and component, all position only disply module and main body to show components. If you want use other extensions, you must convert them to modules or component of joomla, and add position for them as manual

lastdon Friend

yhes yes, i know

but I want the module position to be on the main body.

where the content is.

Sherlock Friend

Oh, no problem.
    You only need to edit index.php, search this line:

<jdoc:include type="component" />
    replace by :

<jdoc:include type="modules" name="user5" style="xhtml" />
    You can change user5 and xhtml as you want

lastdon Friend

but can i not make my own module , isn’t user 5 used by something else already ?

can’t i make a whole new used like user20?

Menalto Friend

You can create any module name you want. Just remember to add that module position to the templateDetails.xml file(
    <position>myprivatemodule</position>
    or just type it in the name field of the position in the module parameters.

<jdoc:include type="modules" name="myprivatemodule" style="xhtml" />

lastdon Friend

and will this show on the main content where the articles are etc etc?
    thats what i hope for

epiccentral Friend

I think user5 is not used by anything in the default template. I rearrange the code so that it’s above the main page dynamic content (the blog in my case).

So my code looks like this:

[PHP]<!– BEGIN: CONTENT –>
    <div id=”ja-content”>
    <div class=”ja-innerpad clearfix”>

<?php if($tmpTools->isFrontPage()) : ?>

<div id=”ja-breadcrumb”>

<jdoc:include type=”module” name=”breadcrumbs” />
    </div>
    <?php endif ; ?>
    <jdoc:include type=”message” />
    <?php if($this->countModules(‘banner’)) : ?>
    <!– BEGIN: BANNER –>
    <div id=”ja-banner”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”banner” />
    </div>
    <!– END: BANNER –>
    <?php endif; ?>

<?php if($this->countModules(‘user5’)) : ?>
    <div class=”ja-box-br” style=”margin-top: 15px;”>
    <div class=”ja-box-bl”><div class=”ja-box-tr”><div class=”ja-box-tl clearfix”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”user5″ />
    </div></div></div></div>
    <?php endif; ?>

<jdoc:include type=”component” />

</div>
    </div>
    <!– END: CONTENT –>[/PHP]

What I am trying to do next is edit the user5 style. Haven’t found the related code yet in the CSS. Anybody know how can I edit the user5 style?

kalinski Friend

<em>@epiccentral 60398 wrote:</em><blockquote>What I am trying to do next is edit the user5 style. Haven’t found the related code yet in the CSS. Anybody know how can I edit the user5 style?</blockquote>

Hello,

this pretty much depend on what you are aiming for. A modul position is nothing else than a container to store information in it. So if you want to place a Menu in it, you have to edit the menu CSS (which will affect all menus on the site). You can also create own CSS classes to assign to the new modul.
    If you are unsure which CSS classes are responsible for certain elements on the site i’d suggest, that you use Firefox and get the extension Firebug. Then you can rightclick on whatever element you want, select “Inspect element” and it will show you the CSS classes that apply to this element.

epiccentral Friend

I get download error – 228 when trying to install Firebug from their website: http://getfirebug.com/

epiccentral Friend

I want to add a title for user5 module. At the moment the title is not shown on the page even though I enabled it in Module Manager . Also it has a light blue background, unlike the other user modules.

Please see attached image.

I’m still trying to find which CSS classes are responsible for this.

Any ideas?

1. forumex
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  epiccentral 16 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum