Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hello,

Have a problem installing Ja_minisite for joomla 1.7. I get an error saying that it can not find the xml file.

When i try to install any other template for 1.7 i get no problems.

Thanks

pavit Moderator

Hi

Are you using quickstart package ?

pan510 Friend

No, Just trying to install the template on my website.

pavit Moderator

have you checked that the zip file you downloaded with the template does not have errors?

try downloading the file again.

pan510 Friend

Yes i downloaded the file several times. I can unzip it on my computer with no errors. I even extracted it and zipped it again….. Nothing works.

pavit Moderator

I’ll try on my localhost

Give some time

pavit Moderator

I have installed the template is everything ok

when you install a template you must start from the same environment Ja minisite for joomla 1.7 (that is a template customization) must be installed on joomla 1.7

or you must install the quickstart package that contains Joomla 1.7 plus Ja minisite for joomla 1.7 (JA customized template)

Manos Moderator

Hello pan510 can you please tell me if you are working on localhost or live web server?

An other option is to upload zip file on /tmp and try to make installation from this place, since there might be an issue with your host because ja minisite template (zip file size) is more than 2.000 kb

Regards

Manos

pan510 Friend

<em>@pascm 261813 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello pan510 can you please tell me if you are working on localhost or live web server?

An other option is to upload zip file on /tmp and try to make installation from this place, since there might be an issue with your host because ja minisite template (zip file size) is more than 2.000 kb

Regards

Manos</blockquote>

Hello pascm,

Im working from my webserver. I tried uploading the file in the tmp folder as well but still i get no results…. I will try a bit more and update you.

Thanks for the help

Panayiotis

Manos Moderator

Ok Panayiotis!
    I am here to help if any help is needed

Regards

Manos

pan510 Friend

<em>@pascm 262146 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ok Panayiotis!
    I am here to help if any help is needed

Regards

Manos</blockquote>

A silly question….. i created a folder in tmp and extracted the template files there. Still getting the message Unable to find install package

I’m i doing something wrong?

Manos Moderator

Hi,

Please provide me with admin and ftp access so i can take a look at this issue for you!

Regards

Manos

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Manos 13 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum