Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Once again Joomlart does it again! In my 2 or 3 weeks of being a member I have had the hardest time figuring out what template to go with and every time I settle on something I find something just a little bit better. Thank you!

My issue: I can’1 load quickstart. I am able to load the template but unable to access the forums and community pages. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your time.

Sherlock Friend

<blockquote>My issue: I can’1 load quickstart. I am able to load the template but unable to access the forums and community pages. What am I doing wrong? </blockquote>

You installed quickstart but you can’t access to Forums and Community page from menu, right ?

bympub Friend

Yes I have download JA Sanidine to my computer. Then I go to my Joomla account and install it there. I have uninstalled it trying to reinstall it but now it doesn’t want to install. Here is my site

Sherlock Friend

Hi
    you mean :
    you installed clean Joomla, you download JA Sanidine template, then you install template, –> uninstall that template. Now, you can’t install that template, right ?

bympub Friend

Please don’t tell to many people but I am a Joomla newbie. What should have been a weekend project is turning into a serious love and hate war. My account Joomla was set up via godaddy so I haven’t done any localhost stuff like everyone else. I’m learning php and css lot more as I work on this project(thanks to Lynda.com). Frustrating to say the least.

I was able to re-install the Ja Sanidine template but once again fireboard and the community are not there. The quickstart gives me a connection issue – just got off the phone with godaddy and it might be a isp connection timing out issue. So I’m gonna call my isp provider and see what I can find out.

I will keep you posted.
    Thanks again

Sherlock Friend

Hi
    you must install quickstart package if you want have Fireboard and CB

Or after install template, please install FireBoard and CB follow User guide http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-sanidine-userguide/

mj1256 Friend

it could also be a godaddy problem, although some here do use godaddy ( I have one site there), it takes an experienced internet person to make joomla work on godaddy. You will have nothing but problems and work arounds to get things to work.

if you want joomla to work and the quickstart to be hassle free, get another hosting company

1and1 and godaddy are the worse and are best for simple static websites

bympub Friend

Is that so… What hosting site would you recommend? Thank you!

mj1256 Friend

rochen is the best for joomla, a bit expensive, but great support and the owners are a part of the joomla team, so everything is set up perfect for using joomla

I just started using hostgator and i have had no issues yet, everything seems to work correctly

you want to stay away from the ones that have proprietary server setups (godaddy,1and1), at least find one that offers cpanel as they will at least conform to normal server protocols

an example of godaddy and 1and1 issues is the joomla backup programs such as joomlacloner and joomlapack, will not run because your cannot compress files on their server

and the quickstart packages have to be uploaded manually because their is not way to expand a zip file on those hosts.

bympub Friend

nguoiabcd,

Thank you so very much for all your directions. I am now a proud cb and fb site admin. All I need to do now is just set up a few things and work on the sites look and feel. Here’s what the site looks like now:
    http://www.bymmagazine.com

Once again thank you.
    I will probably have more questions – like how do I put in my logo? 🙂

Sherlock Friend

<blockquote>I will probably have more questions – like how do I put in my logo?</blockquote>
    Can you say more detail ?

bympub Friend

I found out where I change my logo in the template css. But where I’m getting lost is getting my logo to the site. I went to JA Sanidine images folder and changed the logo image. What I’m not understanding how I get the new logo to the site so it can be seen.

Sherlock Friend

Css for logo template.css (line 873)

h1.logo a {
    background:transparent url(.../images/logo.png) no-repeat scroll center center;
    display:block;
    height:60px;
    width:264px;
    }

you must replace logo.png by your logo

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 15 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum