Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

We have tried various custom CSS modules in various positions on the home page only, the main content is not hidden. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! (Teline IV / T3 / Joomla 3.3 / PHP 5.4)

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Do you want to Hide the main body (content block ) for the whole site ?
    or only for the specific layout types ?
    Let me know i will help you in this case

mjross Friend

Thanks, Just the main content for the front page needs to be blocked out. The site is in a newspaper format with multiple sections and categories and is not a blog, per se. This seems to be a flaw in the 3. versions of Joomla as previous versions had a simple way of hiding the content block for the cover or home page. Thanks again for the quick response.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello @mjross
    Can you please PM me your adin details .. the credentials that you provided above are not working .
    Also let you know .. if you want to hide the main body content from homepage (featured layout )
    it will hide the homepage from whole site ..
    the second method is you need to create a different template layout only for the homepage ,that does not contain the mainbody content .
    Let me know about the which solution you want to use .
    don`t forget to send me site details , without it i cant check the issue

mjross Friend

Use the log in provided it has been activated. I’m not keen on the first choice as the site must still be able to collect full site RSS data for the entire site from the home page. I have set up a separate layout for the home page but still have concerns that the RSS and menus will not work as designed when the main content block is excluded as site content is no longer connected to the home page directly. Thank you.

timtecsa Friend

This works for me.

http://www.globalprintmonitor.net

1. home_hide_maincontent
    mjross Friend

Too simple for words. It was staring me right in the blog. Thanks for jumping in and providing a simple solution. Thanks again Mon’Amie.

mjross Friend

Following up, I spoke to soon that solution is not working. Changes to the layout blocks all content and the front page comes up blank. I might be missing something and will fool with it some more. Thanks again.

timtecsa Friend

If you are migrating from the previous Teline IV template with JA T3v2 Framework you’ll find many differences. In reality you need to start afresh and just migrate your content when you have the modules setup in positions. At least that’s what I found.
    I use the J2XML component to migrate content.
    Is the site online yet?

mjross Friend

I’m using a clean install. The fix you shared seems to work fine for the most part. There is an issue however with the full site RSS component. It no longer shows any feed content because the home page is not connected or linked to the rest of the news site to sections or categories with articles/stories directly. This may be an issue with Joomla3, Nonetheless, I appreciate the input, it was a great help.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Did you found solution of your problem ?

mjross Friend

Yes, I believe so, however there is an issue with the RSS component as it relates to Full Site compilation of the feed to include all site material. It no longer shows any full site feed content as the home page is not connected or linked to the rest of the news site to sections or categories with articles/stories directly. Each section works fine as sub feeds but not a full site feed. This may be an issue with Joomla3 as previous releases, Joomla2, did not have the issue. Nonetheless, my original query has been answered for the most part. Thank you for the quick response.

timtecsa Friend

Yes, I see what you mean. Unintended consequences? Did RSS on Homepage work on the previous framework where you could “hide” homepage content?

mjross Friend

Worked fine in previous releases. It is definitely a flaw in Joomla 3.

timtecsa Friend

An odd effect I noticed via Feedly on globalprintmonitor.net was that any uncategorised, but published, articles do show up on Homepage RSS 🙂 More unintended consequences? 🙂

Editors beware!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  timtecsa 10 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum