Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Can someone who can and wants and who also wants to provide this for free as a service to the community create a new quickstart for me and others who would appreciate it, to have a quickstart package where the Fireboard and the CB is already set up completely. So a quickstart exactly like the demo, I MEAN WITHOUT HAVING TO DO ANYTHING THAN DOING THE REGULAR QUICKSTART INSTALLATION AND NO NEED TO CONFIGURE ANYTHING!

I do not know if this is possible at all but when anyone can and does this, than DO IT (PLEASE)!

Thanks a lot!:p

Hung Dinh Friend

wooohanetworks;84510Can someone who can and wants and who also wants to provide this for free as a service to the community create a new quickstart for me and others who would appreciate it, to have a quickstart package where the Fireboard and the CB is already set up completely. So a quickstart exactly like the demo, I MEAN WITHOUT HAVING TO DO ANYTHING THAN DOING THE REGULAR QUICKSTART INSTALLATION AND NO NEED TO CONFIGURE ANYTHING!

I do not know if this is possible at all but when anyone can and does this, than DO IT (PLEASE)!

Thanks a lot!:p

Hey wooohanetworks,
    Do you know that the Sanadine Quickstart will do exactly what you want.

It seems that you are new to this. Please download the Sadanine package, unzip and you will see a Quick Start files.

Follow the instruction HERE to install sample data and you will have a page exactly like our demo

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 84524 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hey wooohanetworks,
    Do you know that the Sanadine Quickstart will do exactly what you want.

It seems that you are new to this. Please download the Sadanine package, unzip and you will see a Quick Start files.

Follow the instruction HERE to install sample data and you will have a page exactly like our demo</blockquote>

GREAT!!!!!!!!!! I signed up in September, as you can see and I also saw what I meant in other clubs, they faked the demos to look like working ones and when testing them through, the best things were only picture files of the features one wanted to access….. Think that won’t happen here!

Hung Dinh Friend

Test it yourself and let us know if you find the difference. From the demo, I think you can also figure out that there are sample images but all dynamic text and modules content can be replaced with your own content.

Anyway, when you replace with your own images, you need to wisely select the beautiful ones

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 84528 wrote:</em><blockquote>Test it yourself and let us know if you find the difference. From the demo, I think you can also figure out that there are sample images but all dynamic text and modules content can be replaced with your own content.

Anyway, when you replace with your own images, you need to wisely select the beautiful ones</blockquote>

That’s right, most important is the selection of pictures and also especially the logo creation. The top sites in the game whether have the usual conform logos and when than with the desired quality or the fancy player logos.

But for this, I have used e.g. the Rochea Logo and made a new very conform one out of it with minor changes needed, so the one your team made is already very good work, besides the template itself and maybe I can show this as showcase soon when my shop with Mesolite/Rochea goes online.

Also refer to my newest post about request etc., “non-joomla template” where you can see my approach to let a Joomla Template not look like the typical Joomla template no more, in this case based on JA Nagya and like I write inthere, this is still only the beginning of the custom work on the JA Nagya PSD.

Like I say, I am more specialized in logo and brand creation and less in coding and extensions etc..

Thanks again, your time is definitely appreciated from my side.

mj1256 Friend

just an fyi, if you insatll and use joomlapack, the joomla backup program, on every site you make, it iwll create a quickstart clone of each site you use it on.

I have ecommerce, cb communities, forums, buisness sites, etc, and now I never start from scratch, i just use joomlapack to make a clone of an existing site i have already made, install it on the new server or test domain, and now I have a quickstart to base my new site on. I just change content, graphics, maybe the template, or update compoonents as needed.

saves a ton of time 🙂

wooohanetworks Friend

To my initial post, I really meant to avoid anything related to that comes on top of the usual quickstarts I do as a usual thing. I know how to use the quickstarts and what is included in those packages, all clubs use the same thing, and I already installed and nearly completed three shops with the quickstarts from here, still not online but soon….but I mean not to have the additional work announced in the forum, like syncing the CB and the FB and doing this and that.

That is what I meant with new quickstart. What a quickstart is is very much known on my side, but the less work on additional stuff to the usual quickstart means more time for the design of the site.

To your answer, I simply made it with copying existing Joomlas to my computer, duplicating the site to another location, important the MySQL to a new one and working on the site the same way like you do with Joomlapack 😉 or I simply have a few sites that work with one MySQL DB, different design, same content, same template but again totally different as different design, logo, etc.. This way people also instantly know where what is on the site when they know the other and have some fun with seeing site siblings online… Plus I only have the work to change content in one random admin and on all sites the changes apply…..:)

mj1256 Friend

<blockquote>but I mean not to have the additional work announced in the forum, like syncing the CB and the FB and doing this and that.</blockquote>

I was merely stating that i have done this with several templates with cb and fireboard integrated as one unified login. and that if you build one, you can just use it over and over again. The exercise of building the first one is important as it will give you an important understand of how everything works together. If your looking for an out of the box replacement for having to do any coding, that is never going to happen, but this way does mean you have to do less on future sites.

yes, you make a new blank database for each site and install sample data with joomla pack and it will install everything from the site you backedup, as in a clone version.

then just change your content, graphics, etc

multiple sites cannot share the same database. each site needs it s own.

mj1256 Friend

what we need to find out is,

does the new JA Sanidine quickstart have fireboard and cb integrated so that their is one unified login for users. It reqired the proper parameter settings in the back end and the removal of the login and registration section of the fireboard forum.

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@mj1256 84554 wrote:</em><blockquote>

multiple sites cannot share the same database. each site needs it s own.</blockquote>

Wrong, I have 5 sites, 5 domains on 5 single hosting folders, duplicated one by one from each other that are all using one MySQL and are all synced to each other… Changing something in one admin changes it on all sites.

Yet, I have these sites not with JA Templates but it works out definitely. Just made some changes in a module with some custom ad and it works as usual for all 5 connected sites.

This saves a lot of work, the MySQL handles all sites as one site while all the changes made in the php or css files are not affecting each other, so each site can have a different look with same Data, content and template.

I am not a fan of posting here live links, remember Member Menalto posting one, and suddenly the attention by hackers was there. That is the reason why the showcase only shows the ones that are not really done with a lot of work or commercial to the fullest.

Secrecy at Joomlart.com Forums….:D

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@mj1256 84554 wrote:</em><blockquote>I was merely stating that i have done this with several templates with cb and fireboard integrated as one unified login. and that if you build one, you can just use it over and over again. The exercise of building the first one is important as it will give you an important understand of how everything works together. If your looking for an out of the box replacement for having to do any coding, that is never going to happen, but this way does mean you have to do less on future sites.

yes, you make a new blank database for each site and install sample data with joomla pack and it will install everything from the site you backedup, as in a clone version.

then just change your content, graphics, etc

multiple sites cannot share the same database. each site needs it s own.</blockquote>

That I currently do with the mentioned sites too, the sites are working with a TemplatePlazza template, kind of fancy, perfect for traveltainment sites, but now I want a more conservative site besides those, so I chose JA Labra. The problem, both clubs have huge differences in their basic coding and also in their way how wide the user positions are in default etc. etc., main difference, TP offers custom width selection in the admin for the template, JA only wide and narrow, so there the first thing is to change the values in the css directly etc., the easy stuff to do, then comes into place that simply copy,paste code from TP admin to JA admin goes faster than first doing all the stuff to some sort fixing the upcoming issues related to now using a JA template where all the prework was done with a TP template..

mj1256 Friend

hmmm, i’ve never seen the share db done

although this was not your topic

what is the advantage to sharing the database
    is there any speed issues with the increase in database calls from multiple sites
    if there are advantages, what is the procedure,

just interested as this is new and news to me.

I also like the more conservative look of ja templates

I’ve also been asking for fuild with templates, or at least options besides auto, wide and narrow

ja templates have a learning curve and you are right that there is no standardized template architecture and coding, JA templetes even chnage between one and the next, but they are easy enough to work with

tonyg Friend

Hi Guys

I just thought I will jump in here, I will accept that in certain circumstances sharing a database is a good idea, but won’t go as far as sharing five domains, to me that’s putting all your eggs in one basket. Performance wise not a great idea, especially if all five are relatively busy.

wooohanetworks Friend

I mailed you the site via PM, I am not willing to share “mutual” information here in public, hackers also can have paid for membership….;) You can take a look, right now there is still some free space in some regions where some ads and banners from Adsense etc. will be placed. When you take a look on the market here in Europe, where the site is targeting users, there is not much that attracts the eyes, so the choice for that style is obvious, kind of lavish, kind of easy and sort of like some candy, to attract the part of the mind that says, feel like a child, take it easy like a child, there is nothing to loose but a lot to gain. IF anything works bad when the site is filled with visitors, regarding the shared DB, I will see, the site is online since a week and if so, I can still quickly create own DBs for each site.

<em>@tonyg 84593 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Guys

I just thought I will jump in here, I will accept that in certain circumstances sharing a database is a good idea, but won’t go as far as sharing five domains, to me that’s putting all your eggs in one basket. Performance wise not a great idea, especially if all five are relatively busy.</blockquote>

Just when you posted your message I wrote my reply to mj…. about that issue, take a look… still not busy and as soon they are, still possible to add some dbs.

Still thanks for the note! 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  wooohanetworks 15 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum