Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi

We want to insert all of our CSS changes for JoomlArt Advanced Modules into “custom.css”, so when a user updates their website the CSS changes aren’t lost/overwritten in the update.

However all CSS changes to the JA ACM don’t seem to apply when put in cusom.css? It seems the only way we can change the CSS for the JA ACM’s is by going direct to the native css file and making the change there.

Please advise why changes in custom.css don’t apply for ACM? And if there’s a way we can make them apply? As we don’t want to change the native css files unless we really have to.

Thanks.

TomC Moderator

I have found that it’s difficult to reference modifications to the ACM Module within custom.css. This, too, seems to be the case when using custom themes – with the custom.css generally only being able to reference core template CSS modifications.

There may be an obscure coding method – but, as of this moment, I am not aware.

As such, I usually recommend modifying CSS within the ACM module’s relative CSS file path – and make sure you always back-up your site prior to performing any updates/upgrades.

TomC Moderator

I have found that it’s difficult to reference modifications to the ACM Module within custom.css. This, too, seems to be the case when using custom themes – with the custom.css generally only being able to reference core template CSS modifications.

There may be an obscure coding method – but, as of this moment, I am not aware.

As such, I usually recommend modifying CSS within the ACM module’s relative CSS file path – and make sure you always back-up your site prior to performing any updates/upgrades.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 9 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum