Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

As a member of the template and the extensions club am I allowed to use JA News Featured with another template? I would like to use it on a site that is using JA Ores for the template.

If we are allowed to use it:

Where can I download it?
    What other modules or components are required for it to work?

Thank you very much,

Sean

TomC Moderator

If you are a member of both clubs, than you can download those products and mix-and-match them all you like.

As for the specifics of what is required for use, I’m afraid I do not have as much experience with either that template or stand-alone extension to be able to provide any useful guidance. The only thing I can say is that if it is a stand-alone extension and you install it like any other extension (through the Install/Unistall Manager in the Joomla backend), it should install all of the necessary items/files for you – like any other extension.

Nevertheless, I defer to others who may have more practical experience with these two particular items.

scarney Friend

Hopefully somebody can show me where to download it then.
    Thanks!

TomC Moderator

<em>@scarney 244776 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hopefully somebody can show me where to download it then.
    Thanks!</blockquote>
    Oh, I think I may have misunderstood what you meant. You mean there’s an extension/module/component within another template that you want to use in a different template – correct?

I apologize if I misunderstood.

If that particular extension isn’t available as a stand-alone within the JA Extension Club, then I believe what you can do is download the template files that is using that extension and it will be within the modules and/or components folder.

Which template has the extension you want to use with JA Ores?

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hey Sean,

Yes, you can use any extension released with the templates with any other template. However, please bear in mind that we provide special styles for the extensions which will work in the specific template only. For example, slideshow II looks different in Rasite and in JA Travel.

So, if you want the style from Rasite to work in Travel.. .then you will have to undertake the customization yourself, as this would be beyond the scope of support.

Bottom line : Feel free to mix and match extensions across the templates (even non-ja templates) but we wont be able to support for customization requests in such cases. But you are free to customize on your own level for personal or client usage only.

Regards

Arvind

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Arvind Chauhan 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum