Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi=)
    I tryed to change logo, but nothing. Its still the same=)

cjmicro Friend

You have to make sure you are changing it in the right folder for the color you are using.

I don’t have your template installed, but say you are using the red version, there may be a folder /red under the template files, then an image folder under that.

If you change it to a different file type (if the original template uses a .png and you make your logo a .jpg) you have to change that in teh css too.

It would help to know what you did to try and change the template too, and don’t foget to clear your cache or hard refresh to be sure it’s not just your browser cache.

Cheryl

borinsh12 Friend

Let’s see. For exaple I will talk about default color (orange). I deleted old logo from emplates/ja_avian_ii_l/images/ (logo.gif), but I still see it! (I deleted cache :(( )
    So, css:

templates/ja_avian_ii_l/css/TEMPLATE.CSS

h1.logo a {
    background: url(../images/logo2.gif) no-repeat;
    display: block;
    float: left;
    height: 80px;
    outline: none;
    text-indent: -5000px;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    width: 370px;
    }

Whats wrong?

cjmicro Friend

what is the url?
    you uploaded the new logo2.gif to the same folder as the old logo.gif.. right?

Did you also look in the header area in the css to see if the background url is listed there too? I don’t have your template so i can’t check myself.

I will go d/l it and look at it in the meantime.

PS which version, joomla 1.5 or 1.0?

Cheryl

cjmicro Friend

I did take a look at the template files and it seems the css you changed should be all it takes. Can you verify that your new logo uploaded to the correct folder on the site? Maybe since you couldn’t delete the original logo.gif file your permissions are not allowing it to upload or delete? (not meaning to state the obvious just trying to cover all bases.)

borinsh12 Friend

First of all, I tryed to name my logo the same as original. and nothing!

cjmicro Friend

<em>@borinsh12 93114 wrote:</em><blockquote>First of all, I tryed to name my logo the same as original. and nothing!</blockquote>

I understand, but when you look in the folder where you uploaded your new logo2.gif, do you see the file in there on the server? Just want to make sure it’s uploading properly, especially since you said you could not delete the old one.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cjmicro 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum