Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I hope this is in the right forum.

I have been develpoing a site using on the carona template and all is well. My problem is when I moved that site over to the live host (a different provider) I can now now longer edit any articles or module properties.

I think this is a general joomla problem, not specific to the template. This is what I did to get to where I am now:

Develop the site, getting working perfectly at one host.

Backup the database and joomla installation.

Create database on new host, import database from old host.
    Copy joomla installation onto new host.
    Edit configuration.php accordingly, to point to new host and database etc..

The site work perfectly when browsing, but when I try to administer it I have some probs.

When I edit and article or a module that uses tinymce I cannot get edit cursor in the article text box. Once this happens the Save, Cancel etc buttons no longer work and I have to logout and log back in.

Any ideas?

I hope thats not too confusing.

The site is http://rnpt.com.au if anyone wants to take look.

thanks

kallan Friend

Hi,

Have you tried uninstalling the tinymce editor and reinstalling – or even unpublishing this editor and installing another such as JCE?

Cheers
    Kallan

ozboss Friend

Hi Kallan,

thanks for the quick reply. I have tried installing the JCE editor, but I have the same problem.

With the JCE editor, as with the tinyMCE editor, when I attempt to edit an article, the intro text box is shows no content (even tho there is content) and I can not place the cursor there, also the read more text box only displays unformatted html code, not wysiwyg.

Thanks

cagdas123 Friend

<em>@ozboss 54495 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Kallan,

thanks for the quick reply. I have tried installing the JCE editor, but I have the same problem.

With the JCE editor, as with the tinyMCE editor, when I attempt to edit an article, the intro text box is shows no content (even tho there is content) and I can not place the cursor there, also the read more text box only displays unformatted html code, not wysiwyg.

Thanks</blockquote>
    Hi.I have a jce editor problem in ja-fedora.I want to use jce in frontpage but editor is crashed.My joomla and thema and Jce component installation not problem.this good work in Backend zone.

kallan Friend

What do you mean by <blockquote>editor is crashed</blockquote>

Kallan

ozboss Friend

Not sure about cagdas123’s problem, but this is what I mean.

Thanks

cagdas123 Friend

I am using fedora and edenite while becoming tema.But Fce editor is not coming to the screen and register and apply their button is not working in joomla frontpage.

I the solution I found .
    Solution : website thema <blockquote>Fedora-Edenite</blockquote> index.php between <head> and </head> tags is not to be <blockquote> <?php if ( $my->id ) initEditor(); ?> </blockquote> code for the error is giving jce editor in frontpage.

Sorry I know a litte english :p

cagdas123 Friend

Problem Details.

ozboss Friend

I have solved my problem! 😀

I found that the $mosConfig_live_site setting in the configuration file must be exactly the same as the url used to get to the administration pages. i.e.

my configuration file has $mosConfig_live_site = “http://www.rnpt.com.au” but when I went to the sites control panel, the url drops the ‘www’. I changed the configuration file setting to ‘http://rnpt.com.au’ and all is well.

Yay!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ozboss 16 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum