Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Would anybody be kind enought to tell me through the steps to get the frontpage slideshow module to work right after installing quickstart package? I have deleted, then uploaded images into the images/stories/slideshow folder with the correct size and i have had no success. all the parameters are set just like the demo module and the images still dont show on the frontpage. I will appreciate any help.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,
    This is backend configuration of JA Slideshow on my local machine. Please have a look at yours again.

make sure that you input right path to image folder and there must be images located in that folder and clean the cache.

Regards.

1. slideshow
    benmont86 Friend

<em>@Hien Nguyen 309573 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,
    This is backend configuration of JA Slideshow on my local machine. Please have a look at yours again.

make sure that you input right path to image folder and there must be images located in that folder and clean the cache.

Regards.</blockquote>
    Thanks for reply. I have checked the configuration on my machine, however, I do not see “image folder” under RESOURCE SETTINGs so there is no way to input the path to the images/stories/slideshow folder. I am using version 1.7, i dont know if that could play a role in my problem? thanks again

Saguaros Moderator

Hi there,
    <blockquote> I do not see “image folder” under RESOURCE SETTINGs</blockquote>
    It should have this option. In ‘Source’ tag from RESOURCE SETTINGS, there are 2 options: From Articles and From Image Folder. This is backend setting for JA Travel joomla 1.7:

Could you attach snapshot of your slideshow’s backend settings?

Regards.

1. slideshow_config
    benmont86 Friend

<em>@Hien Nguyen 310310 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there,

It should have this option. In ‘Source’ tag from RESOURCE SETTINGS, there are 2 options: From Articles and From Image Folder. This is backend setting for JA Travel joomla 1.7:

Regards.</blockquote>
    I finally got it to work. Thanks. However, I do NOT see the headings that linked to a specific article that used to be there before. Instead, the images take the whole space. How can i make that work?I suppose I have to config the module to use Articles as source. I tried that as well, but after I uploaded an image into the specific article, it still doesnt show in the homepage slideshow. I will really appreciate it if you can help me through this. Thanks

benmont86 Friend

Regards.</blockquote>
    I finally got it to work. Thanks. However, I do NOT see the headings that linked to a specific article that used to be there before. Instead, the images take the whole space. How can i make that work?I suppose I have to config the module to use Articles as source. I tried that as well, but after I uploaded an image into the specific article, it still doesnt show in the homepage slideshow. I will really appreciate it if you can help me through this. Thanks

benmont86 Friend

Regards.</blockquote>
    Thanks to your attachment I was able to have the module pull the images from the correct folder. However, I cant get it to show the text and links that were right below the image in the homepage slideshow (just like in the demo page you provide). in other words, now the image shows but there is no text and the yellow icon is no longer functional, so how can i make it work just like the demo site (with the text that links to specific articles)? ill appreciate your help as always.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi again,
    The text next to Yellow icon is description of each image, and the text underneath main images is thumbnail, please make sure that you set to allow “Show description” and “Show thumbnail” to ‘Yes’.
    If you’ve already set it, please pm me url and a temporary admin account. It’s easier with a closer look.
    Regards.

asiatel Friend

Hello, I am too having same problem after installing JA Travel from quick start files. I checked the settings in slideshow module and it’s mapping to correct path images/stories/slideshow but I m unable to see any image even i uploaded few of them. Do i need to resize images for slide show 960 x 354 exactly? will it not work if I just uploaded with standard size images i have?

Also no other images showing on front page. It was supposed to load sample images but it’s not. please advise.

asiatel Friend

<em>@asiatel 346774 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello, I am too having same problem after installing JA Travel from quick start files. I checked the settings in slideshow module and it’s mapping to correct path images/stories/slideshow but I m unable to see any image even i uploaded few of them. Do i need to resize images for slide show 960 x 354 exactly? will it not work if I just uploaded with standard size images i have?

Also no other images showing on front page. It was supposed to load sample images but it’s not. please advise.</blockquote>

Now another issue happend. for unknown reason the slideshow banner completely disapeared from the site. I have not disabled module or unpublished it but not sure what happend. Please help me to get it work just like the sample travel site so i can quickly populate with my contents. It’s been 2 days I am trying to make it work. very frustrating…..

Saguaros Moderator

Hi asiatel,

When facing this issue: please ensure that you :
    – clean all T3 cache and try to disable cache from Advanced Options of this module.
    – check permission for file/folder for this image folder

If this issue still persists, pls PM me your admin and FTP account, I shall help you out.

Regards.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 11 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum