Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have joomla 1.5.8 and wish to install ja templates, which I have done before with no problem this is a different server and now i’m running into problems.

I also had problems with installing components… seems it won’t install anything on this server unless permissions are 777.

So I fixed all that and got the components to install etc., but still no templates!! Not just ja templates, but that is the one I want to install so I’m posting here. Plus you guys are the best at support!!

I have searched the forums here and on joomla as well. It seems it has to do with permissions but I need suggestions as to what to try next!! I’m feeling pretty stupid right about now. :((

EDIT: I want to delete this message because I am so stupid it’s not even funny. Apparently I was trying to install the original zip file not the unzipped template file. I AM SO EMBARRASSED but since I can ‘t delete this maybe someone else can save themselves some embarassment with it.:-[:-[:-[

Cheryl

scotty Friend

hehe!!

Had a similar problem a while ago myself but mine was permissions related. It all had to do with folder ownership and FTP users and Apache users and what not. A real pain in the backside when you move to a host with a messed up permissions system>:(>:(>:(

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  scotty 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum