Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

sushismb;166646Hello histeriks,

Yes, I tried installing other templates as well as to other extensions (components and modules) which all works.

Or did you mean extensions that came with the template?

I meant other extensions, not related to this template.

I wanted to make sure is your Joomla/server configuration OK. If you installed other extensions, then Joomla was able to extract/move them from temp directory to appropriate place in your Joomla structure. So, we can rule that option out if you did install other stuff successfully.

sushismb Friend

Yes as I’ve said, other templates and extensions do install.

There was another thread saying that they couldnt install too. One guy even said he had to install it manually so I did and it worked. But I’m not sure if that would do.

histeriks Friend

sushismb;166707Yes as I’ve said, other templates and extensions do install.

There was another thread saying that they couldnt install too. One guy even said he had to install it manually so I did and it worked. But I’m not sure if that would do.

I’ve sent you a private message, please try with what i’ve sent you, so i can rule out one of the possibilities that comes to my mind.

Thanks

sushismb Friend

Hi histeriks.

I assume those are the template files that doesn’t need to be unzipped.

Tried both and they don’t work. Same result.

sushismb Friend

Hello,

I tried to install this template onto other sites of mine but didn’t work as well. Maybe instead of trying to figure out why, can anyone help me on how to install the template file unzipped?

histeriks, any luck with the info I sent through PM?

Thanks!

sushismb Friend

Hello,

I’ve finally got this to be installed.

I used the “install from directory” option after unzipping the template file onto the tmp/ folder.

But I still wonder what really could be the problem.

histeriks Friend

sushismb;166836Hello,

I’ve finally got this to be installed.

I used the “install from directory” option after unzipping the template file onto the tmp/ folder.

But I still wonder what really could be the problem.

Hi sushismb, i was just about to login and see if i can figure out what’s wrong. Great to hear it’s ok now.

If the installation went OK when you installed from directory, that would mean that you either have problems with your server’s zip functions, or maybe there’s something wrong with permissions of the directories needed for extraction/installation (which i don’t believe is true, since you can install other extensions without any problems).

If you still want me to, i can try to figure out what’s wrong (keep in mind that you might need to install the template again then).

sushismb Friend

Hello histeriks,

I just realized that what I did was not the proper way to install template files. I’m back to square one.

Either I find a way to install the template throught the package file, or to find a way to install it manually using the unzipped files (need to know which file would go where).

I would appreciate your continious help.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Just to clarify again, is it a proper way to install a template file through “install from directory” using the unzipped files? Because if so, it does work. Sorry, I’m totally puzzled already.

histeriks Friend

sushismb;166844
    P.S. Just to clarify again, is it a proper way to install a template file through “install from directory” using the unzipped files? Because if so, it does work. Sorry, I’m totally puzzled already.

Yes, that would be a proper way to install. You shouldn’t worry, as long as you got success after install, everything should be fine 🙂

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear sushismb,

The template installs normally on my localhost and on webserver too, something is wrong on your end. You must be having any other site running joomla online? may be you can try installing it on it to rule out the possibilities.

Installing from directory is correct method, and if you manually upload the template folder to the “templates” folder, you only need to move the en-GB.tpl_ja_mona.ini file to /administrator/languages/en-GB/ folder.

Regards

Arvind

sushismb Friend

OK at least the template is installed by installing through “install from directory”.

As I mentioned earlier, I tried installing this template on other sites that I have and returns the same results. I even thought it is not compatible with multilingual joomfish sites, so I installed it on a pure English site but it was still the same.

I currently host about 10 Joomla sites… I’ve never had this kind of problem before.

The only thing I can point out now is the server configurations. But since I’ve never had any problems on them before, what else could be the reason? I really can’t figure out.

Any other things that could be a reason?

Anonymous Moderator

Hi sushismb

i am sorry for this later.

It is so hard to debug your issue. Could you submit a ticket, send us your ftp account, admin account so that we have a closer look on the issue?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

This topic contains 27 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum