Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I’ve clearly done ‘something’ wrong as I can no longer see the intro text for the additional ‘Latest’ items shown in the home-10 position!

See image.. Any help most appreciated pls.

1. sample
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@kbbp 426189 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ve clearly done ‘something’ wrong as I can no longer see the intro text for the additional ‘Latest’ items shown in the home-10 position!

See image.. Any help most appreciated pls. </blockquote>

HI @kbbp by default the items not showing the intro text you can see it in demo

1. JA-Magz-Demo
    kbbp Friend

<em>@pankajsharma 426198 wrote:</em><blockquote>HI @kbbp by default the items not showing the intro text you can see it in demo

</blockquote>

Ummm – yes but I want to be able to see them. Seems I may have switched a Joomla or ja_magz item off (fiddling with css ) somehow!.

EDIT: Actually I don’t mind no default text – what I can;t see are the story titles!

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@kbbp 426201 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ummm – yes but I want to be able to see them. Seems I may have switched a Joomla or ja_magz item off (fiddling with css ) somehow!</blockquote> @kbbp If you want to show the intro text in those items ,
    it needs some custom work .
    Go to templates/ja_magz/html/mod_articles_latest/focus.php
    add this code

<div class="info-article">
    <section class="article-intro clearfix">
    <?php echo MagzHelper::sanitize($focus); ?>
    </section>
    <?php if ($params->get('show_tags', 1) && !empty($focus->tags)) : ?>
    <?php $focus->tagLayout = new JLayoutFile('joomla.content.tags'); ?>
    <?php/* echo $focus->tagLayout->render($focus->tags->itemTags); */?>
    <?php endif; ?>
    </div>

after the this code after line 104

Hope it helps

1. Untitled
    kbbp Friend

Thanks for the info @pankajsharma

Didn’t change anything unfortunately – I also cleared cache in Joomla as well as my browser to be sure. Plus uncommented – <?php echo $focus->tagLayout->render($focus->tags->itemTags); ?> just before endif – just in case! :((

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@kbbp 426216 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for the info @pankajsharma

Didn’t change anything unfortunately – I also cleared cache in Joomla as well as my browser to be sure. Plus uncommented – <?php echo $focus->tagLayout->render($focus->tags->itemTags); ?> just before endif – just in case! :((</blockquote>

Can you PM me the site admin credentials and FTP credentials of your site .
    it will help me to solve your problem

kbbp Friend

Ok thanks now I think there might be some misunderstanding. The code you provided DID indeed work (thankyou!) but it ‘doubled’ the MAIN story text so have removed it now.

I have circled the problem area in this graphic – see how there is no title and/or text?

1. sample2
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@kbbp 426222 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ok thanks now I think there might be some misunderstanding. The code you provided DID indeed work (thankyou!) but it ‘doubled’ the MAIN story text so have removed it now.

I have circled the problem area in this graphic – see how there is no title and/or text?</blockquote>

Did you changed the focus.php file ?
    it seems you deleted the code .
    please change the templates/ja_magz/html/mod_articles_latest/focus.php
    with the original quickstart file .

kbbp Friend

Ok many thanks again…. I will try again tomorrow. Have to sleep now but really appreciate your help! Will let you know outcome

kbbp Friend

<em>@pankajsharma 426223 wrote:</em><blockquote>Did you changed the focus.php file ?
    it seems you deleted the code .
    please change the templates/ja_magz/html/mod_articles_latest/focus.php
    with the original quickstart file .</blockquote>
    No – I just checked an the original is intact – to be 100% sure I uploaded the original anyway – same filesize etc.
    I will keep trying! I have obviously changed something and I think it is a file – will let you know if I have any luck – If you have another idea that would be appreciated too 🙂

kbbp Friend

<em>@kbbp 426295 wrote:</em><blockquote>No – I just checked an the original is intact – to be 100% sure I uploaded the original anyway – same filesize etc.
    I will keep trying! I have obviously changed something and I think it is a file – will let you know if I have any luck – If you have another idea that would be appreciated too :-)</blockquote>

DOH! – I have been using Joomla since it first emerged – 3.3 for some reason is confusing for me!!! – I solved the issue of no titles on home-10 additional stories – I had Article / Show Title switched off!! – Article titles were showing on the article page itself however so might be some conflict with global and article setting I will check.
    @pankajsharma thanks for your help – MOST appreciated:D (not sure how I set this to solved but it is now.)

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@kbbp 426297 wrote:</em><blockquote>DOH! – I have been using Joomla since it first emerged – 3.3 for some reason is confusing for me!!! – I solved the issue of no titles on home-10 additional stories – I had Article / Show Title switched off!! – Article titles were showing on the article page itself however so might be some conflict with global and article setting I will check.
    @pankajsharma thanks for your help – MOST appreciated:D (not sure how I set this to solved but it is now.)</blockquote>

Glad you solved it . carry on with you development site . 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 10 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum