Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi…

I have completed designing my site http://www.technovision.co.za, but experiencing a problem with regard to when clicking a product category on the left, instead of that category name showing on the top of the body page, it only shows the below the JA PRODUCT SLIDE & VM FEATURED PRODUCTS..This is going to cause a bit of confusion with people who want to purchase on the shop…

You can check out http://www.vexon.co.za to understand what I’m trying to achieve.

Can some1 please help me tweek this somehow as I’m new to Joomla & this is my first site I’ve built, wanted to start trading sometime this week…

Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

John Wesley Brett Moderator

What you need to do is turn off your “Latest Products” module for all but your front page. I think you are getting confused as to what you are looking at.

For instance, when I click the GPS/HANDHELD category….I see Latest Products > then a BUNCH OF products I THINK are GPS/Handheld…but then I scroll down and see the GPS/HANDHELD products are below the LATEST PRODUCTS.

See if that doesn’t do it for you.

Have fun! Nice site.
    John.

mojalefa Friend

<em>@jbrett 151400 wrote:</em><blockquote>What you need to do is turn off your “Latest Products” module for all but your front page. I think you are getting confused as to what you are looking at.

For instance, when I click the GPS/HANDHELD category….I see Latest Products > then a BUNCH OF products I THINK are GPS/Handheld…but then I scroll down and see the GPS/HANDHELD products are below the LATEST PRODUCTS.

See if that doesn’t do it for you.

Have fun! Nice site.
    John.</blockquote>
    Thanx for your response.

I have made both the Latest Products & On Special to only show on the HOME page, but when clicking the categories on the left, these still show instead of that category showing without these 2 modules…

Check out http://www.discountshopping.co.za & when you put your mouse cursor on a category, see the path..When you put your mouse cursor on my category see the path, how can I change it?

The other thing is that if you go to any of the tabs on the main menu, i.e my account & then choose the category, it shows fine, don’t know what causes that.

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Go into your EXTENSIONS > MODULE MANAGER

Under the POSITION column look for “vm-lp

Whatever modules you have in this position Click them open…and then look at MENU ASSIGNMENT (on the left). Only select those pages you want the modules to appear. You might want to briefly click “none” to see if they disappear so you know at least you have the correct module.

AND HERE’S THE TRICKY PART – make sure you look at ALL of the menu items in MENU ASSIGNMENT…you’ll see both regular Joomla Links and Virtuemart Links.

It’s my guess you just haven’t scrolled down far enough to notice you have the additional menu set from which you need to check off.

Have fun!
    John.

mojalefa Friend

I selected none & they didn’t appear again on the site, so they are the correct ones & also both are only assigned to the Main Menu – HOME page in MENU ASSIGNMENT…

Everything on the site is perfect, this is the only thing that is holding me back @ the moment.

What I noticed under the main menu is that the HOME tab is set as default & maybe that is causing a problem, can you confirm my suspicion?

Because if you were to select any other tab i.e CONTACT US & then choose a category, it shows perfect, but when on the HOME page & choose a category the problem comes up.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mojalefa 14 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum