Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello, I just downloaded and installed this template with Quickstart yesterday. I am using what comes with the package, Joomla 1.5.7 and Community Builder 1.1 that comes installed and integrated.

My problem is that I have bought a couple of Plugins for the Community Builder and when I try to install the plugin it gives me the error

Failed to copy file: /var/www/mywebsite/media/install_48f62db3c37cb/cb.mediaplayer.php to /var/www/mywebsite/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbmediaplayer/cb.mediaplayer.php

What I notice is that it creates the folders on my server but it doesn’t copy the files into them. My folders have 777 permissions but I read somewhere that possible CB creates folders with limited permissions and maybe that’s why it failes.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I am really desperate as I have paid for the plugins that I cannot install!!! :confused::confused:

Thanks

Sherlock Friend

Hi
    do you contact with that extension’s developer ?
    maybe as you said, need set permission for folder
    Do you try to chmod 777 for /var/www/mywebsite/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbmediaplayer folder

idealdigital Friend

Hello, yes I have all the permissions set to 777. I already contacted with the particular extensions developer but seeing as it happens with all CB Plugins I download I think the problem is more general than my particular plugin. The problem I think is that when undergoing the installation, CB creates the folders with less permissions that 777 and I don’t have the chance to change that. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can change that.

Thanks!

Sherlock Friend

Hi,
    Can you please PM me your site admin account as well as FPT account? Without investigating into the codes, I am afraid that we can not provide any solution

idealdigital Friend

Hi nguoiabcd,

It’s alright. For now I have solved the problem using Joomla 1.0. I did some research on the Community Builder and have discovered that they have a problem with the 1.1 version and installing Plugins due to the permissions it sets when creating the folders. Since the 1.0 version of Joomla lets me do what I want for this site, I’m good for now. Thanks for your help.

For others with this problem, I believe the donate-version of CB 1.2 RC3 is beginning to solve this problem. For now, I’m going with Joomla 1.0 until I’m sure CB has fixed this problem for Joomla 1.5.7.

🙂

Sherlock Friend

OK
    Can I mark this topic is solved ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 15 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum