Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    can someone advise me on how to change the background image for the JA Orisite template…I have read through the other postings regarding background image change….but this template seems different. If you select the green theme little skull faces show up in the background. I like the green theme but I want to change the little skull faces.
    thanks
    wendye

TomC Moderator

The background image for this template is styled via the following CSS . . .

/templates/ja_orisite/css/template.css …. at line 23

<blockquote>body#bd {
    background: url(../images/body-bg.gif) repeat-xlefttop#252627; color: #6c6c6c;
    }
    </blockquote>

Of course, you may need to modify the similar rule within the css file of whichever color theme you choose to use.

Hope That Helps

creativesmythe Friend

Thank you.

James Weston Friend

Hi Tom,

I played around with this answer but ended up with this:
    body#bd { background-image: url(../images/body-bg.gif)}

How do i just get it to be black background instead of having a gif with a pattern? Do i need to create a new black gif or can i just put a colour code line in? http://www.vivaasiamagazine.com

Jim

swissa Friend

Hi Jim – long time since we last spoke!

You’re calling ‘background-image’ so you need to change that to ‘background’ if you just want to use a colour.

body#bd {
    background: black;}

🙂

James Weston Friend

Thanks. Excellent answer as always 🙂

railer Friend

Hi TomC — I changed the body-bg.gif to a JPG image and changed the filename in the code in template.css to body-bg.jpg. And it worked everywhere except on the Home page. I’m using the default Red theme color. So wouldn’t that just be controlled by the main template.css file?

I’ve noticed that several css files in the T3 Assets directory also have the body-bg.gif instruction, so I’ve changed them there, but nothing changed on the Home page. I also cleared my cache and deleted my expired cache and then refreshed my browser. No change.

I also noticed that the following css files had the body-bg.gif file instruction: error.css, offline.css. And just to be safe, I changed it in all of the theme template.css files. Still no change on the Home page.

By the way, when I upload a body-bg.gif file into the template images directory, the background file appears again on the Home page.

Where is this instruction hiding?

Thanks

railer Friend

Problem solved.

Just needed to go a bit further with those T3-Asset css files. I viewed the source code of the Home page file looking in the head area for what css files were linked to it. And I checked out the specific t3-asset css files I hadn’t checked yet and one of them still had a body-bg.gif file in it. I reneamed the gif file to disabled just to make sure.

TomC Moderator

railer;363219problem solved.

Just needed to go a bit further with those t3-asset css files. I viewed the source code of the home page file looking in the head area for what css files were linked to it. And i checked out the specific t3-asset css files i hadn’t checked yet and one of them still had a body-bg.gif file in it. I reneamed the gif file to disabled just to make sure.

Great Job !!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 11 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum