Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Hi!

I tried to change the background color of the header and the main menu to black. But I didn’t work out that well – see screenshot below. I would like the whole area around the logo and behind the menu black.

In the template.css file, I added “background: black;” on line 770 and 815 (approx);

#ja-header .main { text-align: center;
    background: black;
    }

I would really appreciate if you could point out where to change the code!

/Marten

feelfresh.se

TomC Moderator

You’re close, but it’s a different CSS rule.

So that I can best assist you, please temporarily set “Optimize CSS” to “No” within your Template Manager–General settings.

ruunehaako Friend

<em>@TomC 393584 wrote:</em><blockquote>You’re close, but it’s a different CSS rule.

So that I can best assist you, please temporarily set “Optimize CSS” to “No” within your Template Manager–General settings.</blockquote>

Ok, done.

(As you can see on my site, I’ve removed the changes done in template.css.)

TomC Moderator

Try This . . .

Within file path –> /templates/ja_zite/css/layout.css
    at line 86, add a “background” property – for example . . .

#ja-header {
    background: #000000
    }

Let me know if that works for you.

You might also want to take a look at the “Understanding Template Overrides in Joomla” link in my signature.

ruunehaako Friend

<em>@TomC 393588 wrote:</em><blockquote>Try This . . .

Within file path –> /templates/ja_zite/css/layout.css
    at line 86, add a “background” property – for example . . .

#ja-header {
    }

Let me know if that works for you.

You might also want to take a look at the “Understanding Template Overrides in Joomla” link in my signature.</blockquote>

Yes, it works nicely – the whole area above the menu is now black. Thanks a lot!
    I’ve also been looking into “mega.css” to change the bg-color of the menu, but I guess that won’t change color on the full width of the area – only behind the menu objects? Can this also be solved in layout.css, perhaps?

And yes, I really should look into the Overrides!

TomC Moderator

Seems that the JA Developers designed this template with the main nav being – for lack of a better term – nested on top of the overall main bg. I’m sure this can be done – though I’m going to reach out to my fellow JA Support Colleagues for some additional thoughts on it for you.

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can try to work with my below solution

Open templates/ja_zite/css/template.css file

Add new script

body#bd #ja-wrapper {
    background: #000;
    }

Remember to clear cache from Admin area after changed

ruunehaako Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 393631 wrote:</em><blockquote>You can try to work with my below solution

Add new script

body#bd #ja-wrapper {
    }

Remember to clear cache from Admin area after changed</blockquote>

Thanks! The suggested code almost solved my problem, but I think it must be “tamed” a bit;

I added the script, and the area behind the main menu turned black – great!

However, the bg-color of User1, Position5 and 7 and so on turned out black as well. User2 and 3 was not affected.
    (see site at feelfresh.se)

Looks like the new code overrides the settings for some of the other areas as well.

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can change background for User2 and 3 here

From

#ja-topsl1 {
    background: #f9f6f7;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #ddd;
    }

#ja-botsl {
    background: #fff;
    border-top: 1px solid #ddd;
    }

Change to

#ja-topsl1 {
    }

#ja-botsl {
    border-top: 1px solid #ddd;
    }

Don’t forget to clear cache from Admin area

ruunehaako Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 393958 wrote:</em><blockquote>You can change background for User2 and 3 here

</blockquote>

Ok, what I meant was that the area above the slideshow (behind the menu & around the logo) went black, and that’s good!

But, unfortunately, User1, Position5 and 7 and so on went black as well.

So – if it’s possible – I would like only the area above Slideshow to have a black background (except for the bottom part of the site, that already is black).

Sorry if my last post was confusing, english is not my native language.

Ninja Lead Moderator

I’m misunderstanding about your request, Now, this way will help you to change User1, Position5 and 7 with black on your site

from

#ja-topsl1 {
    background: #f9f6f7;
    }

Change

#ja-topsl1 {
    background: #FFF;
    }
    #ja-container {
    background: #FFF !important;
    }

Don’t forget to clear cache from Admin area

shawhir Friend

Hey folks I am curious to this too and sadly don;t have the best amount of css experience other than playing with it in firebug. I am very curious to turn the upper part black which has the menu and where the logo sits. Can anyone be kind enough to help?

shawhir Friend

Thanks to Mister Ninja I’ve changed most of it to black other than the Menu bar. I’m going to keep trying but If anyone can help out along the way I’ll be grateful. Sending out the good vibes.

ruunehaako Friend

<em>@shawhir 394231 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks to Mister Ninja I’ve changed most of it to black other than the Menu bar. I’m going to keep trying but If anyone can help out along the way I’ll be grateful. Sending out the good vibes.</blockquote>

I too really appreciate the effort of the JA team. Thanks to Ninja and TomC I’m pretty close to a solution;

In layout.css the header can be changed:

#ja-header {
    }

And in template.css, the color behind the menu (menubar);

body#bd #ja-wrapper {
    background: #000
    }

However, the second part also affects some areas; User1 & 2, “Main Body” and Position5 & 7.

#ja-topsl1 {
    background: #f9f6f7
    border-bottom: 1px solid #ddd
    }
    #ja-container {
    background: #f9f6f7 !important;
    }

This part takes care of almost everything. User2, “Main Body” and Pos5,7 is now back to normal.

User1 is now the problem. But after adding backgroundcolor to ja-topsl, it’s been taken care of;

#ja-topsl {
    background: #f9f6f7
    border-bottom: 1px solid #ddd
    }

Only one tiny(?) problem left to solve: The thin area just below the Slideshow. It seems to be connected with the area behind the menu (just above Slideshow).

I don’t have any css experience, but maybe the body#bd #ja-wrapper and the changes in ja-topsl1 can be replaced by

#ja-container {
    background: #f9f6f7 !important;
    }

in the proper place? But I guess I would end up with the same problem anyway – a thin black bar just below the Slideshow.

But, when I don’t use the slideshow it looks brilliant!

Almost there!

shawhir Friend

It really does look brilliant but now I am back to the start of where I am – my entire screen is black.

I see that you were able to do it with your own site and now I am trying to mimic what you have done. This will take some time but I can see you got there 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 10 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum