Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

I am using JA Edenite (this is my first website, so please bear with me) on Joomla 1.5.8, but I am developing it offline so I can do it during my 3 hour daily train journeys (sorry, I don’t have a url yet). I have set it to use the CSS Menu Module. I have looked through the excellent forums as best I can but have not found a solution to my problems.

I am trying to change the colour scheme to fit with my logo. I have changed the colours in the HTML (using ‘Edit HTML’) and the template.css file, and have also replaced the grad2, grad2-1, grad2-2, grad3, mainnav-active and mainnav-sep gif files in the templates/ja_edenite/images folder. It has mostly worked, but I have two problems . . .

First: I still have blue separators between the main navigation menu items, which look odd. These appear to correspond to the original two-tone 2x30px file mainnav-sep.gif, but I have replaced this file with another (also two-tone 2x30px gif file which I constructed in Photoshop with Gradient Overlays and saved as mainnav-sep.gif in the images folder). I have looked thorugh the html and css files but cannot see where the blue separators are coming from (there’s nothing blue left). Can anyone tell me how to get it to use my new separator gif?

Second, the drop-down items in the main navigation are still blue, except strangely the bottom item in each one. The hover colour is correct. Again, can anyone help?

Many thanks

Rowsoni

Sherlock Friend

Dear rowsoni !
    this is difficult for me when can’t view your site, if posible , please send it via pm , i will n’t publish it .

rowsoni Friend

I have worked out how to do it. The colours are in the ja_edenite/ja_menus/ja_cssmenu/ja.cssmenu.css file. I changed these and it’s now fine. Interestingly, the mainnav-sep.gif file seems to be a red herring – it doesn’t seem to be used at all (perhaps something to do with my settings?)

Sherlock Friend

Hi rowsoni !
    “pm” is private message what you sent for me.

Sherlock Friend

Hi !
    Yes , i have checked mainnav-sep.gif doesn’t use at any css code, you can remove it.

webssolutions Friend

HI… im having a similar issue with the main menu color, im changing that, but i cant find the css rule for the separators, too is there a way to make it semitransparent ( the moomenu)?
    Here the url: http://www.projects.webssolutions.com/1/
    Regards
    Mariela

Sherlock Friend

Hi tenisecuador !
    Please open ja.moomenu.css file in templates/ja_edenite/ja_menus/ja_moomenu folder

#ja-cssmenu li a {
    border-right:1px solid #2B6484;
    color:#2C79B3;
    display:block;
    font-size:100%;
    font-weight:bold;
    line-height:32px;
    padding:0 20px;
    text-decoration:none;
    }

red text is css for separete , you can change color code on it to change color.

webssolutions Friend

Thanks…what about the semitransparent menu?

Sherlock Friend

What is semitransparent ? I don’t understand.

virendoshi Friend

Semi transparent like in the JA Drimia menu. I asked this same question in a previous thread, but no one ever bothered to reply!!

Sherlock Friend

Hi virendoshi !
    Please set for that menu display , i need have a closer look on it.

virendoshi Friend

Hi Hainn,
    I’ve attached a pic of the semi transparent menu that I mentioned earlier.

1. Picture-1
    Sherlock Friend

Hi virendoshi !

Please open ja-sosdmenu.css file in templates/ja_drimia/ja_menus/ja_cssmenu/ folder , find following code section at about line 75 :

#ja-cssmenu li a {
    border-left:1px solid #666666; // edit this attribute as you wish
    border-right:1px solid #333333; // edit this attribute as you wish
    color:#CCCCCC;
    display:block;
    font-size:115%;
    font-weight:bold;
    line-height:44px;
    margin:0;
    padding:0 20px;
    text-decoration:none;
    }

virendoshi Friend

You have misunderstood my question. I would like to incorporate the semi transparent effect that appears in JA Drimia into JA Edenite. Do you get me now?

cjmicro Friend

I copied the transparent background png from another menu that was already set up transparent, along with the menu files and it was getting some results, so you might want to try that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  cjmicro 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum