Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello

I?m fairly new using Joomla and would like to build my project using the bs3 template, but so far i cannot find a way to change the navigation position

I?ve attached a screnshot as to where i want the navigation to be. Instead of staying at the default position i would like to position it at the right top side of my page without losing the responsiveness of the menu.

Here is the screenshot:

The menu should be text only. It seems the main navigation block has a container div, how can i clear it?s background color?

Thank you for your help

TomC Moderator

It would be most helpful if you could provide the url of the site you’re working on,
    as well as temporarily set “Optimize CSS” to “Off” within your Template Manager–General settings

fabiom Friend

Dear Tom

The site is not online since this is a university project. I have to build a responsive website to promote an event so it will be used for the respective class only (Multimedia Multiplatform Applications) . I?m working with a localhost server (Xampp)

Anyway here is the official website for the event http://overandout2015.ulusofona.pt/

I want the navigation to be similar to the website.

TomC Moderator

<em>@fabiom 487993 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear Tom

The site is not online since this is a university project. I have to build a responsive website to promote an event so it will be used for the respective class only (Multimedia Multiplatform Applications) . I?m working with a localhost server (Xampp)

Anyway here is the official website for the event http://overandout2015.ulusofona.pt/

I want the navigation to be similar to the website.</blockquote>

Unfortunately, without being able to inspect your particular set of variables, I cannot provide you with concise recommendation as to which elements to modify to achieve the desired results.

Assuming you have a webhost server account that you will eventually upload the site to, can you not temporarily upload the site so I can inspect it online?

fabiom Friend

Humm, i will try to find out where to temporarily host the website but it is not supposed to go online. I will only show it to my teachers.

i haven?t really made any major changes to the bs3 blank template. I just inserted the logo Over & Out, the menu items and linked a single article to each one of the menu items. Now as far as changing the navigation position, i haven?t figured out how to do that.

This is the code from the mainnav.php file relating to the navigation:

<!-- MAIN NAVIGATION -->
    <nav id="t3-mainnav" class="wrap navbar navbar-default t3-mainnav">
    <div class="container">

<!-- Brand and toggle get grouped for better mobile display -->
    <div class="navbar-header">

<?php if ($this->getParam('navigation_collapse_enable', 1) && $this->getParam('responsive', 1)) : ?>
    <?php $this->addScript(T3_URL.'/js/nav-collapse.js'); ?>
    <button type="button" class="navbar-toggle" data-toggle="collapse" data-target=".t3-navbar-collapse">
    <i class="fa fa-bars"></i>
    </button>
    <?php endif ?>

<?php if ($this->getParam('addon_offcanvas_enable')) : ?>
    <?php $this->loadBlock ('off-canvas') ?>
    <?php endif ?>

</div>

<?php if ($this->getParam('navigation_collapse_enable')) : ?>
    <div class="t3-navbar-collapse navbar-collapse collapse"></div>
    <?php endif ?>

<div class="t3-navbar navbar-collapse collapse">
    <jdoc:include type="<?php echo $this->getParam('navigation_type', 'megamenu') ?>" name="<?php echo $this->getParam('mm_type', 'mainmenu') ?>" />
    </div>

</div>
    </nav>
    <!-- //MAIN NAVIGATION -->

Now there are several .less files but i don?t know which one to change the navigation without breaking the site.

TomC Moderator

You don’t want to mess with the less files if you don’t have to – and you don’t necessarily have to.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 9 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum