Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

How can I change the button icon of the sidebar (3 vertical dots) to something else?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    This is defined via style classes , check this : http://prntscr.com/cqspr7
    You can modify the style class for patty in /templates/ja_mono/css/off-canvas.css to define different style .
    Or u can change the class with an icon from /tpls/blocks/off-canvas.php file
    Find below code

<span class="patty"></span>
    Crealia Friend

How can I modify that file without loosing the ability to update the template without loosing my hack?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    If you are doing change in the css , i suggest you to use custom.css file to override custom changes .
    if changes are in php file , you can make an override in /local/tpls/blocks/off-canvas.php file .

Crealia Friend

I already tryed using custom.css but I had not able to override the ellipsis icon with another from font-awesome. Any suggestion of a CSS code working in override with font awesome icon?

On which class should I apply it?

Thanks in advance.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Go to /templates/ja_mono/css/off-canvas.css
    Find this code

Replace it with your font awesome icon code .
    Apply your custom style on font via custom.css file .

Crealia Friend

Ok, but I don’t want to lose this hack with future update of the template. I suppose that if I edit the file off-canvas.css, then I’ll lose my hack when I update the template.

Any other solution?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I already suggested the override solution for this , kindly read my reply above

if changes are in php file , you can make an override in /local/tpls/blocks/off-canvas.php file .

Crealia Friend

I’ve edited the php file:

<button class="btn btn-menu off-canvas-toggle <?php $this->_c(‘off-canvas’) ?>" type="button" data-pos="left" data-nav="#t3-off-canvas" data-effect="<?php echo $this->getParam(‘addon_offcanvas_effect’, ‘off-canvas-effect-4’) ?>">
    <span class="fa fa-home">

But it didn’t changed the ellipsis icon but only the "burger menu" icon.

What part of the php code should I edit to change the ellipsis iscon?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Kindly apply the suggestion above to changes ,
    do not edit all codes ,just replace the code
    with your icon code .
    Once done you can share your site url here , so that i can take a look on your changes .

Crealia Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Crealia Friend

Found the issue: you suggested me to edit the off-canvas.php file meanwhile the file to edit was /local/tpls/blocks/sidebar.php

Thanks for helping anyway.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

You are welcome !

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 7 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum