Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello

I understand the whole idea on using percentages to set the width, but being a Joomla newbie, I´m still curious to know in which file, I can change the percentage.

under the left and right column css in the layout.css I have changed the percentages but with no luck.

When inspecting the columns in my safari browser, I can see that the columns are inline styled – which doesn’ t make sense to me at all, since I have the impression that Joomla is mostly based on css.

I can see that the left and center column are being held by <div id =”ja-mainbody” style=”width70%”> right?

It holds two columns:

<div id=”ja-content” class”column” style=”width: 64%”>
    <div id=”ja-col column ja inset2″ style=”width: 36%”>

The right column is held by “ja-right” which is set to 30% and that makes sense – it holds <div class=”ja-col column” style=”width: 100%”>

1. Now I need to change the width, so that I can make the main content area wider in my layout. On what level do I change the percentages in the layout – in the most inner div?

2. Please point out where to adjust the three areas: The left, center and right column.

Thanks a bunch

Anonymous Moderator

Hi steflick

please open templatesja_rasitelayoutsdefault.php file, find following code section:

<?php
    /*
    $JA#COPYRIGHT$
    */

// no direct access
    defined( '_JEXEC' ) or die( 'Restricted access' );
    $this->_basewidth = 30;
    $positions = array (
    'left1' =>'',
    'left2' =>'',
    'left-mass-top' =>'',
    'left-mass-bottom' =>'',
    'right1' =>'',
    'right2' =>'right',
    'right-mass-top' =>'',
    'right-mass-bottom' =>'',
    'content-mass-top' =>'content-mass',
    'content-mass-bottom' =>'',
    'content-top' =>'',
    'content-bottom' =>'',
    'inset1' =>'',
    'inset2' =>'left'
    );
    $this->customwidth('inset2', 25); //<== override right1 column width to 25%. Must call before call definePosition. Can call many time to override many columns.
    $this->definePosition ($positions);
    ?>

You can change 25 to other value. and duplicate this code for other columns

hope it helps

Anonymous Moderator

Hi steflick,

To change width of column for T3 framework-based template, please do as belows:

– Open templates/ja_template_name/layouts/default.php file, at the begin of file, find following code line:

$this->_basewidth = 20;

here you change 20 to your size.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum