Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am trying to make the following changes to my blog layout and can’t seem to get them right.

I removed the slideshow from the top and added the “our blog” module in it’s place. However it extends to the width of the page and I would like for it to have margins similar to how it displays on the template homepage. My pictures are no longer centered.

Also, I would like to have the blog layout be a little wider.

I have attached a screenshot to better explain.

Thanks.

1. changes
    Sherlock Friend

Hi tdb6800,

if you have assigned the module to the slideshow position you could now go to the template back-end >> LALYOUTS tab, going to edit the default layout you would see this block tag
    <block name=”slideshow” type=”modules” style=”raw” no-main=”1″ >slideshow</block>
    Change it to
    <block name=”slideshow” type=”modules” style=”raw” >slideshow</block>

I hope this would help !

Sherlock Friend

Hi tdb6800,

if you have assigned the module to the slideshow position you could now go to the template back-end >> LALYOUTS tab, going to edit the default layout you would see this block tag
    <block name=”slideshow” type=”modules” style=”raw” no-main=”1″ >slideshow</block>
    Change it to
    <block name=”slideshow” type=”modules” style=”raw” >slideshow</block>

I hope this would help !

tdb6800 Friend

You’re amazing. I can’t tell you how many hours and hours I’ve spent trying to find that piece of code.

Thanks.

tdb6800 Friend

Do you know how to expand the width of the articles? Both on the main blog page and the individual article? I had gotten it to work but then uploaded the original k2.css file and it changed it back and I can’t remember for the life of me what I had changed.

Basically, I removed the author information (because there is only one author) but now have that extra white space on the left of all my blog items. See attached picture.

Thank you so much. I so appreciate your help.

1. Screen-shot-2012-09-19-at-8.28.17-AM
    Sherlock Friend

Hi tdb6800,

For the blog page you open the file of templates/ja_zite/css/k2.css looking for this css rule

div.catItemBlogView {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    margin: 0;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 0 0 0 155px;
    position: relative;
    }

Change it to
    div.catItemBlogView {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    margin: 0;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 0;
    }

For the item page also looking for this css rule on that file

#k2Container.itemBlogView {
    border-right: 1px solid #DDDDDD
    padding-left: 160px;
    padding-right: 20px;
    }

you change it to

#k2Container.itemBlogView {
    border-right: 1px solid #DDDDDD
    padding:0px;
    }

I hope those changes would help !

tdb6800 Friend

Sure did. Thanks again.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tdb6800 12 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum