Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi, I would like to change multiple select field for Location to a list of checkboxes in the frontend but I can’t find where I should put my hands, can you help me?

Thank you very much.

hcharly Friend

Hello Jasonthereaper,

I didn’t find in the component fieldtype list any checkbox. So to make this change you need some codifications.
    But I’m not sure that’s a good idea to change Locations’ fieldtype from multiple select to chechbox.

Because:
    – It manages sub-locations
    – it has an auto select sub-locations feature
    – it has specific “Search location” script on focus, etc..

Good luck.
    -Charles

Vinh CV Friend

<em>@jasonthereaper 222507 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi, I would like to change multiple select field for Location to a list of checkboxes in the frontend but I can’t find where I should put my hands, can you help me?

Thank you very much.</blockquote>

Dear jasonthereaper,
    JAJobBoard support multiple select field as list of checkboxes in the frontend only in JAJobFilter Module and JobSearch Form.
    In other Form (JobForm, ProfileForm, ResumeForm), you must customize many files in our component: componentscom_jajobboardassetrendfield.php and other file that process to store data. You may end up with broken site if you are not careful enough.

jasonthereaper Friend

Thank you again, I will try this evening!

jasonthereaper Friend

I found CHECKBOXLIST type in the code but it doesn’t work. It shows an empty input text. Any ideas?

jasonthereaper Friend

I get it!
    I have addes a switch case at line 182 in the file componentscom_jajobboardassetrendfield.php.
    Now it gets and saves locations. Thank you guys.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jasonthereaper 13 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum