Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Using Joomla 1.5.2, JA Zibal Template, I’d like to change the background color from within the body to white (#FFFFFF). While searching the template.css file, I have found and modified the following code with no success. Is this not the correct location to change the background color – if not, please direct me to the proper file/line.

body#bd {
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    /* background: #E3E3E3; */
    background: #FFFFFF;
    text-align: center;
    }

Please see my site here: http://hrparish.org/web2

Thanks in advance for the help.

kallan Friend

On my browser it is white. Have you cleared your cache?

Regards,
    Kallan

jmelcher Friend

I have tried clearing cache several times and used different browsers but I still a non-white background. Look at the graphics real close in the body and you will see that they have a white background while the rest of the page is really at “#f9f9f9” instead of “#ffffff”.

If you’re using an LCD monitor this may be hard to see, especially if you’re looking straight-on; try looking at an angle.

And further, if I’m seeing the background at “#f9f9f9”, then maybe I’ve not located the right spot within the CSS to change since what I commented out was “#E3E3E3” ??

kallan Friend

The way I usually try and find these is first by using the web developers add on in Mozilla then if that doesn’t work I will seach the css for the color ie: #f9f9f9.
    Sometimes it is hidden in one of the color css files not the standard template_css.css

good luck
    Kallan

jmelcher Friend

Thanks for your tip on the web developer tool… however, I still could not locate where the background color was being specified for the content body, so I decided to add it, and voila’ it works!

For any folks out there who wish to change the content body background color, add a background color statement as I did here, changing to whatever color you desire (from template.css file):

/* 2 columns content width */
    #ja-content {
    width: 538px;
    float: left;
    background: #FFFFFF; /* added to change default background color of body */
    }

Thanks for your help – I appreciate it.

kallan Friend

Glad you got it sorted.

🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kallan 16 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum