Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Good day

I would like to find out how to go about changing the template background color, I’ve been trying through the template.css & going to the theme old_blue template.css, but not seeing where I can change it.

Also having a problem with the site on IE7 & 9, it is not showing properly yet works well with Chrome, Firefox, Opera & Safari.

Thanking you in advance.

pritam Friend

hello mojalefa,

Can you provide your site url and admin access via PM , so that we can help you better.

pritam Friend

Hello mojalefa,

To Changing background color

Find this code at /plugins/system/jat3/base-themes/default/css/template.css line no.22

body#bd {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF;
    color: #000000;
    font-size: 12px;
    }

Change this code to :-

body#bd {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #0000FF /*choose color code as per your requirement */
    color: #000000;
    font-size: 12px;
    }

Find this code at templates/ja_minisite/css/template.css line no. 464

#ja-header {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 white;
    z-index: 30;
    }

#ja-header {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    }

mojalefa Friend

I have changed the color but the outcome is not what I would like.. Please see attachment.

1. website
    John Wesley Brett Moderator

<em>@pritam 251112 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    #ja-header {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 white;
    }

#ja-header {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    }</blockquote>

The above post by Pritam was correct – with one ommission.
    Use this code instead for the header:

#ja-header {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #E6E6E6;
    }

Add the color of your choice to where I’ve added #E6E6E6 above (the color used on Technovision.co.za) .

Have fun!
    John.

mojalefa Friend

I have done that, but now the whole body & background is #E6E6E6, looking @ http://www.technovision.co.za you will understand that I want the content body backround to be in white including the logo, then the outer part it must be my chosen colour, so that they site looks a bit better than just plain white as it is now.

We will have to have your URL to help you further.
    The prescription for what you were wanting does work on the DEMO of the Joomlart Minisite.
    We cannot guess what other changes have already been made to your site that may affect the outcome.

Please provide a URL so we can quickly solve your issue and not rely on a guess. 🙂

Thanks!
    John.

mojalefa Friend

http://www.kgweranohospitality.co.za/ & can you pm me your skype name, so that we can sort it out realtime..

Thanx.

Moja,
    You must understand the template you are working with was not built to do what you want it to do. There is not one all encompassing <div> tag that just surrounds just the copy…with a separate background for the copy. That is very old school and sites simply aren’t built that way any more.

The template is built on a framework of <div> tags one on top of the other. And most all of those <DIV> tags contain no background…which allows the container background to shine through…or each to be individually customized.

So the ONLY way to hack this, short of rewriting the primary PHP file is to lay down the #e6e6e6 background in the container <DIV> and then add a white (#ffffff) background in all of the various <divs> (header, mainnav, slideshow, breadcrums, topsl, container, navhelper, bots1, bots1-2, footer, etc.) where you don’t want it to show. Quite a job.

This is way beyond the area of template support.
    Might I suggest you get a copy of the Firefox plugin called: FIREBUG. It can help you easily identify those areas that you want to customize.

Beyond that, what you are needing is a PHP developer to rewrite the template.

Hope this helps,
    John.

mojalefa Friend

Thank you for all your help, much appreciated…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mojalefa 13 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum