Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Greetings!

On the Teline V default magazine home page, featured news articles are displayed in a "slider" module (I think that’s "[Magazine – Home] Featured News 1"), but it doesn’t appear to actually be an instance of the JA Content Slider Module.

Currently, this shows articles set as featured with the article’s picture with headline and text below, bounded to the right by the "side news" module, which "slides" from one featured article to another.

I’ve found where to adjust the basic settings, but what can be changed there is VERY limited.

What I’d like to do is modify this instance on the homepage so that nothing other than an image is displayed (optionally with or without the image linking to anything) at the full size (need to adjust the displayed module width somewhere). Roughly imitating the function of an old fashioned image slider. In other words, I don’t want to display an article at all. Just the image from an article.

I’m sure I could go, download a gallery slider from a 3rd party, but I like the idea of doing everything with what’s provided by Joomlart.

Help, please? Cheers!

PS – The domain I’ve listed in the required domain field below is where the website is GOING to be. The test site is currently on a publicly inaccessible server, and was therefore pointless to list. So…there’s no point in looking at that domain for the time being.

UPDATE: I believe this is actually an instance of Bootstrap’s Carousel, but I don’t know how to edit if that is the case.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by  wolfemann.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

You’re right, it’s carousel showing images from selected articles, you can customize it here: [root]/templates/ja_teline_v/acm/news-featured/tmpl/style-1.php (this is php file for [Magazine – Home] Featured News style 1, if you use other styles, you edit the associated file)

Regards

wolfemann Friend

Thanks, but I am only looking to change simple parameters. Display width, source image for the slider.

Thanks anyway!

Can anyone help me with the basics on this? I’ve looked up the information on Bootstrap’s Carousel, but the code in the style-1.php file doesn’t seem to correlate.

Best

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by  wolfemann.
    Saguaros Moderator

This is an Advanced Custom HTML module which supports some advanced option than the default custom HTML module where you can select source content, change settings for content … For custom width, you can customize it a bit via above file and css style.

wolfemann Friend

Greetings!

This is a bit advanced for me, and I’m not sure in what other files the other CSS information is located.

How about telling me how to eliminate the entire layout column that the "col-md-4" content is in, and that way I only have to figure out how to give the carousel a fixed width.

Thanks!

Saguaros Moderator

In the backend settings of module, you can set the Number of Link items to 0: http://prntscr.com/gb2qrr

It will show the slide only on frontend.

wolfemann Friend

Thank you!

I must have missed this in the documentation.

Cheers!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wolfemann 7 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum