Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello,

Forgive me for a silly question 😉 but I can’t remember how I modified the logo to fit across the top of the header area :-[. I got it to work for t3_bs3_blank template but I need to do the same for t3_blank. The attached images show what the template layout are looks like for both templates and the other two attachments show how the site looks. I can’t remember if I had to modify a file. If so, how can I make it custom so I don’t lose these changes in updates?

Thanks for your help.

Joomla 3.3
    T3 v 2.0.1
    T3 Blank v 2.0.0

1. logo1
    2. logo4
    3. logo2
    4. logo3
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi chriso0258
    Your logo width is too high .
    Add a small logo so it will fit like you mentioned in screenshot .
    Logo images size is 1024x200Px >>>. http://prntscr.com/4w5xn5
    Replace it will a small width logo .

chriso0258 Friend

Thanks pankajsharma for your reply. Maybe I’m using the wrong terminology. I managed to get the 1024 x 200 image across the top of the one template. How do I use the same image to get across the top of the other template? I must have either bypassed the logo position, or somehow modified it for the larger image. Can’t remember which I did. If there is a location to change the size of the logo position, where would that be?

Thanks.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    if you want to use 1024px width image and want to resize it for logo .
    You need to add this css in your custom.css file

.logo {max-width: 300px;}

change the width value as per your need .
    <blockquote> I managed to get the 1024 x 200 image across the top of the one template. </blockquote>

You need to check your other template css and change css as per your need 🙂

chriso0258 Friend

Thanks pankajsharma. That helped. I also had to add

.logo-image a {
    background-image: url("/templates/t3_blank/images/logo.png");
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    height: 200px;
    width: 1024px;
    }

However, as you can see in the first attachment, the image is still cut off. I also made sure in the layout that the other positions were set to none as seen in the second attachment. Are these two positions hindering the image from showing the entire width? If so, how do I modify the area to accommodate a larger image?

Thanks for your help.

1. logo
    2. layout
    Scott Lavelle Friend

I looked at one of my older templates based on t3_blank. I’m sure it’s a slightly older version than you are using, but it sounds like you need to take a look at the header.php file that is located in /templates/t3_blank/tpls/blocks/

You should see a section in there that looks like this:

<!-- LOGO -->
    <div class="span6 logo">
    <div class="logo-<?php echo $logotype ?>">
    <h1>
    <a href="<?php echo JURI::base(true) ?>" title="<?php echo strip_tags($sitename) ?>"<?php echo $logoimage ?>>
    <span><?php echo $sitename ?></span>
    </a>
    <small class="site-slogan hidden-phone"><?php echo $slogan ?></small>
    </h1>
    </div>
    </div>
    <!-- //LOGO -->

That first line <div class=”span6 logo”> should probably be changed to be <div class=span12 logo”> to allow that div to span across all twelve columns (full width).

If you have other divs below in that code that have spans (that would add to twelve, so in my case with a span6, they might be two span3 divs or one span6), you will have to adjust. From the layout panel it looks like you don’t have anything in those positions, but you still may have to remove the placeholders for the div sizes that are there. Try to comment them out or if they are in an IF statement, they might just be commented out on their own.

Does that help?

EDIT: Btw, why are you opting for the older t3_blank version? I’m finding the newer t3_bs3_blank to be much friendlier to work with.

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi as Slavelle give suggestion above its in the old t3 version .
    now you can see the col-xs-12 col-sm-12 logo
    code in the
    /templates/t3_blank/tpls/blocks/header.php file
    you can modify it for the logo

col-xs-12 col-sm-12 col-lg-6 logo

col-6 for the large display .

I saw your logo is still full width because of large image size . if you want to reduce its size , you need to replace the image with small image or you need to try above change that im mentioned in header.php.
    Please clarify

chriso0258 Friend

<em>@slavelle 450307 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Does that help?
    </blockquote>

That fixed the width issue. Thank you! 🙂

<em>@slavelle 450307 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    EDIT: Btw, why are you opting for the older t3_blank version? I’m finding the newer t3_bs3_blank to be much friendlier to work with.</blockquote>

I tried using that template but had an issue with the MooTools date picker (see post Problem with MooTools Date picker and template).

Thanks again for all your help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  chriso0258 10 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum