Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

I’ve been trying to figure out how to change the megamenu background to black, amongst other things, as general style changes to the template (via thememagic) don’t seem to take to megamenu.

On the forum there are various threads for other templates that talk about changing various css/less files but none seem to be appropriate for Uber, either referencing non-existent files, different content or just simply not working.

So – where exactly is the css file for megamenu that I should be changing?

I had assumed templates/uber/css/megamenu.css but I’m not sure – I make changes in here and nothing gets reflected on the site. I’ve tried clearing the joomla cache and also turning it off completely.

Should I spawn a copy of the default Uber style, and then create overrides in templates/uver/local/css/megamenu.css? or custom.css?

I’ve not get development mode turned on so I’m not using less at the moment, as to be honest I’m not all that savvy with it 🙂

The site isn’t internet-accessible but it’s basically a fresh install of Uber onto a fresh joomla install, there’s no content at all yet, I’m just trying to get the colour scheme right first. Sorry, this is real noob stuff, but I can’t seem to figure out the file structure for Uber/megamenu according to the instructions…

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    JA UBER using JA ACM module for the header , and u can find all css in the template/uber/acm/header/tmpl…..
    I am not sure about the current style you re using on your site .
    Can u make site live and share working site url so i can provide you suggestion based on your site .
    Use custom.css to override css styles .

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    JA UBER using JA ACM module for the header , and u can find all css in the template/uber/acm/header/tmpl…..
    I am not sure about the current style you re using on your site .
    Can u make site live and share working site url so i can provide you suggestion based on your site .
    Use custom.css to override css styles .

brumster Friend

Ah ok, let me give that a try, I will report back. Out of interest, what’s the megamenu.css file in the Uber template directory achieve then?

Unfortunately the server is an internal server at the moment, no external access to it, but leave it with me, I’m sure we can work through it and figure it out. I will try later today.

brumster Friend

Ah ok, let me give that a try, I will report back. Out of interest, what’s the megamenu.css file in the Uber template directory achieve then?

Unfortunately the server is an internal server at the moment, no external access to it, but leave it with me, I’m sure we can work through it and figure it out. I will try later today.

brumster Friend

OK, no joy I’m afraid.

I’ve got uber/acm/header/css/style.css and there’s also an rtl directory with another style.css in it.

Each one has a plethora of definitions, some prefixed uber-header. The most obvious one seems to be :-

.uber-header {
    background-color: #ffffff
    border-bottom: 1px solid #ecf0f1
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    right: 0;
    z-index: 1022;
    position: relative;
    -webkit-transition: top 0.3s;
    -o-transition: top 0.3s;
    transition: top 0.3s;
    }

…so I changed the background-color to red (#ff0000), saved, refreshed the site – no change whatsoever.

I repeated on the rtl/style.css file just in case.

Still no joy 🙁

Caching is disabled on the joomla backend for now.

Where am I going wrong?! :-S

brumster Friend

OK, no joy I’m afraid.

I’ve got uber/acm/header/css/style.css and there’s also an rtl directory with another style.css in it.

Each one has a plethora of definitions, some prefixed uber-header. The most obvious one seems to be :-

.uber-header {
    background-color: #ffffff
    border-bottom: 1px solid #ecf0f1
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    right: 0;
    z-index: 1022;
    position: relative;
    -webkit-transition: top 0.3s;
    -o-transition: top 0.3s;
    transition: top 0.3s;
    }

…so I changed the background-color to red (#ff0000), saved, refreshed the site – no change whatsoever.

I repeated on the rtl/style.css file just in case.

Still no joy 🙁

Caching is disabled on the joomla backend for now.

Where am I going wrong?! :-S

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Its really hard for me to assume the issue without checking it , kindly make site live and update me , without checking it its pretty hard to give u exact path of the file :((.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Its really hard for me to assume the issue without checking it , kindly make site live and update me , without checking it its pretty hard to give u exact path of the file :((.

brumster Friend

Will send PM

brumster Friend

Will send PM

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Add the below code in custom.css to change header heigh , be color , font-size and font color .
    Path: template/your JA Template/css/custom.css
    if file is not there create it

.t3-header {
    height: 52px;
    background-color: #eee;
    font-size: 18px;
    color: #000;
    }

change the values as per needs .

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Add the below code in custom.css to change header heigh , be color , font-size and font color .
    Path: template/your JA Template/css/custom.css
    if file is not there create it

.t3-header {
    height: 52px;
    background-color: #eee;
    font-size: 18px;
    color: #000;
    }

change the values as per needs .

brumster Friend

Hoorah! Ok, that’s got it! Many thanks!

Can you just explain to me then (as I like to understand the issue), the purpose of the various uber-header styles in the various css files? When are these employed? Should I be ignoring all the uber- prefixed definitions, are they just for the pre-packaged styles that come with Uber (hotel, etc. all that stuff)?

brumster Friend

Hoorah! Ok, that’s got it! Many thanks!

Can you just explain to me then (as I like to understand the issue), the purpose of the various uber-header styles in the various css files? When are these employed? Should I be ignoring all the uber- prefixed definitions, are they just for the pre-packaged styles that come with Uber (hotel, etc. all that stuff)?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 9 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum