Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I was wondering if its possible to change the background image to one that i could repeat all over the bottom. I wish to keep the gradient image which i have modified slightly. If you look at http://www.officialnichole.com you will see where ive modified the gradient image and i would like the satin effect to continue all the way to the bottom.

Looking through the CSS i wasnt sure what to change and where.

Is this possible or do i need to make the gradient image the full height of the page repeating across it? I’d like to avoid this is possible for obvious loading time reasons.

Menalto Friend

If you change the height of the image to become a little bit higher you can set it to be fixed, so it dont moves when you scroll down the site if thats a solution for you.

.home-deco {
    background:url(../../images/pink/body-bg.png) repeat-x scroll 0 89px;
    background-attachment: fixed;
    }

teddirez Friend

thats a good idea, however, ultimately i’d like to go with a non fixed background if i could. I’ll keep it in mind tho tx Menalto

teddirez Friend

update on this.. i have temporarily removed the modified gradient and returned it to the original for now hoping that someone has a solution. Ive also been locked out of admin, stuck in a login loop of nowhere, but thats a J! issue not a template one.. fun fun :rolleyes:

Nam Nguyen Phi Friend

To make background image repeat to bottom, pls remove repeat-x out of style of .home-deco.
    Open /color/pink.css, go to line 9, change

.home-deco {
    background: url(../../images/pink/body-bg.gif) repeat-x 0 25px;
    }

into

.home-deco {
    background: url(../../images/pink/body-bg.gif) 0 25px;
    }

teddirez Friend

thanks namnp129 but what i am actually wondering if is at all possible is to keep the pink gradient image as is and have a second image in the background below it. What i had originally done was changed body-bg.gif to a png file that was 89pixels wide with the pink gradient at the bottom going over the top of another image of black satin.

I wish to then continue the satin image repeating across the bottom of the page without having to turn this image into a much larger file

Nam Nguyen Phi Friend

Yes, I understand what you mean now.
    To add this image for bottom of page, you must change index.php and pink.css
    1. Upload your image (body-bg.png) into /templates/ja_dravity/images/pink/
    2. Open /templates/ja_dravity/index.php
    3. Goto line 86, replace

<div id="ja-wrapper"<?php if($tmpTools->isFrontPage()) : ?> class="home-deco"<?php endif ; ?>>
    by

<div id="ja-wrapper2">
    <div id="ja-wrapper"<?php if($tmpTools->isFrontPage()) : ?> class="home-deco"<?php endif ; ?>>

4. Goto line 271, replace

</div>
    <!-- END: FOOTER -->

</div>
    by

</div>
    <!-- END: FOOTER -->
    </div>
    </div>

5. Open /templates/ja_dravity/css/color/pink.css
    6. Add this code at end of file

#ja-wrapper2 {
    padding: 0;
    margin: 0;
    background: url(../../images/pink/body-bg.png) repeat-x bottom left;
    }

That’s all. Goodluck!

terence Friend

and if you still having login problems try the attached – its a Virtue Mart Logout fix posted by Soeren himself.

Uplaod to your server in the correct folder of course – its for Joomla 1.0.13 though – hope it helps.

1. fix.zip
    teddirez Friend

ok i havent implemented this yet but i think we are on the right track. where is the second image (the 89×89 satin image) being introduced? this is the one being repeated across and down from below body-bg.png

Apologies if i havent expressed what im after real well.

below is an example of how i’d like the background images to flow

bottom of body-bg
    ————————————————
    begin 89x89satin :repeats —>
    and down |
    |
    /

Menalto Friend

Can you drop me a copy of the template with the needed images in? Ill see if i can help you out more.

Nam Nguyen Phi Friend

<em>@teddirez 47269 wrote:</em><blockquote>ok i havent implemented this yet but i think we are on the right track. where is the second image (the 89×89 satin image) being introduced? this is the one being repeated across and down from below body-bg.png

Apologies if i havent expressed what im after real well.

below is an example of how i’d like the background images to flow

bottom of body-bg
    ————————————————
    begin 89x89satin :repeats —>
    and down |
    |
    /</blockquote>

Yes, I understand what you mean, Pls do as what is commented above but change style of ja-wrapper2 as:

#ja-wrapper2 {
    padding: 0;
    margin: 0;
    background: url(../../images/pink/body-bg.png);
    }

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Nam Nguyen Phi 16 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum