Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have installed the JA Nickel template. However, the default read more is grey in colour as the rest of the text.
    I need to change the colour of readmore to red or something like that and i need a horizontal line to come immediately after each readmore. Also the current readmore has a one line space after the intro text. I need the readmore to come immediately in the same line after the intro text. Could someone help me?

Thanks in advance.

antoniu1 Friend

Hi Manage,

Ja Nickel has readmore links that are not the same color. They are having a different background and are highlighted when hovering. Can’t find what you mean?

Tom

antoniu1 Friend

If you want to change the background color, here’s where you do it:

Open template.css in the css directory and edit this:

a.readon {
    background: #333333;
    color: #CCCCCC;
    text-align: center;
    text-decoration: none;
    padding: 2px 5px;
    }

a.readon:hover, a.readon:focus, a.readon:active {
    background: #D33615;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    text-decoration: none;
    }

Let me know if this helps you!

Thanks,
    Tom

cjmicro Friend

that is great to change color, but what about making it come on the line after text, rather than below? I can’t figure that out for the life of me!!

Cheryl

antoniu1 Friend

Hi Cheryl,

Add this line to both blocks:

border-bottom: 1px solid #666666;

also, you might have to add some padding between the line and the readmore. To do that add the amount of px to the padding:

padding: 2px 5px;

becomes then:

padding: 2px 5px px;

The padding (spacing) order works like this:

padding: px

px [BOTTOM]px

px;

That should do it!

Hope this works for you,
    Tom

cjmicro Friend

I don’t want any line or space, I would like the readmore to come directly after the text (in module and content)

<blockquote>Intro Text
    Here is my intro text and it is a few paragraphs. READMORE
    </blockquote>

Not

<blockquote>Intro Text
    Here is my intro text and it is a few paragraphs.

READMORE
    </blockquote>

Any idea how and where to do this? (especially for modules)

Thanks if you can help!

Cheryl

antoniu1 Friend

The spacing you see is due to the use of <p> paragraph text </p> for the text. They have defined 15px and 15px bottom. Change the bottom to 0 and the spacing is gone.

But then the readmore is still on a new line, I know. If you want the readmore to appear right behind the text, remove the paragraph formatting. Because after a </p> there’s always a jump to a newline. I think that will do the job.

Can’t test it, as I don’t have that template installed.

Hope this helps,
    Tom

cjmicro Friend

Tom thanks for continuing to try and help. I have tried without the <p> also, and many ways as far as that goes. However, I believe the positioning of the readmore (in the highlight module) is coming from a CSS somewhere. I just can’t figure out how to change it!!

Cheryl

manage Friend

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

However check this site. http://www.bellarydiocese.in/joomla

Here, the events and updates on the front page are using the K2 Content Manager. However, the readmore appears in grey and i need to change this colour. Please help.

antoniu1 Friend

Cheryl,

I think it might be hardcoded into the php file responsible for that formatting.

Manage,

You selected the blue variant of the template. Therefore find this block in blue.css, probably in css/colors/

a.readon {
    background: #106494;
    color: #DEEFFB;
    }

a.readon:hover,
    a.readon:focus,
    a.readon:active {
    background: #8C9520;
    }

That will do it.

Cheers,
    Tom

cjmicro Friend

Tom, thanks for the info… that’s kind of what I was figuring. Just need to figure out where that php code is and get my programmer on it! So if you have any ideas, please let me know,

Cheryl

antoniu1 Friend

Hi Cheryl,

If you wish I can look at it for you. If you wish me to, you can email at tomdekok@hotmail.com.

Tom

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  antoniu1 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum