Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

On a page like this: http://new.sftechbeat.com/index.php/business

It’d like to configure the layout to be similar to the original: on sftechbeat.com/business

I need help with:

1. Setting the page to be a 3-width column and a 2-width column
    2. Populating the 3-width column as is with articles
    3. populating the 2-width column with the RSS feed module. (how to attach it to the new column)

Layout similar to that of the front page.

1. cap3
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Layout showing in your screenshot is similar to the Demo site Homepage and Your site Homepage.
    To create the same page on another menu kindly follow this documentation.
    Hope it helps.
    Regards

sftechbeat Friend

I looked into it and still can’t figure it out. I’m not have problem designing the page, but rather I have issues assigning the modules to the category.

So the problem is that when creating an item through the menu, you have to select one of the listed options, including: "Special page: Blank Content" like in the tutorial, and "Category Blog", which is what I have.

I like the module used in Category Blog, which is just each individual blog posting, but I wish it was 3/5 of the page. I understand how it was done by assigning modules to positions, which leads to my next issue. When I use the "Special Page: Blank Content", I"m not able to assign any modules to it. For example, on my homepage, I assigned "Simple RSS Feed Reader (by JoomlaWorks)" to the position of news-home, but I don’t see how that correlates to my new Business page since there aren’t any positions on the page. It’s just blank.

Third where can you select the module is that currently used in "Category Blog" (the very straightforward one column blog.)

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    In each Menu of special page blank content, you have option to set position name.
    For example on The home page its news-home.
    If you create another menu with special page content type, you can set a new module position name and then assign the module to that position.
    This way you can get the module Or you can see the available position in the layout and assign your module to those positions.
    Regards

stl314 Friend

How do you create a new position? If I want something on my main menu that is a link to "News Stories" how do I create the magazine layout that is just like the demo site? I have followed that link that was given above but the page does not show any content and there is no position called news-newsstories.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Here is documentation to create new module positions.
    If you will see the template documentation you will how the demo pages configured and in the Menu you will see Position settings to select a position. Like for home menu its news-home.

Best Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 7 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum