Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys,

I have two websites running on the JA Orisite Template. http://www.millionaireasia-indonesia.com and http://www.vivaasiamagazine.com

This week we employed a junior web designer in the office but i think he might be struggling a bit to get up to speed.

Both sites were originally laid out like ttp://www.millionaireasia-indonesia.com and I asked him to reduce the size of the slideshow on the Viva Asia site so that The Current Edition Module would move up in the right column to the top of the page. However, am not sure what he has ended up doing as now the slide show is all boxed in and does not spread fully across to the left hand side of the site.

Can someone point me in the right direction as to which file we need to edit as when I tried to use firebug I could not work it out for myself. The designer said he made changes in public_html/templates/ja_orisite/css and
    public_html/plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/css

Many thanks Jim

phong nam Friend

Hi Jim,

We will need to customize our core T3v2 template layout to get your requirement, so that I suggest you to backup your files and follow my below guided steps carefully:

1. Open templatesja_orisiteetclayouts folder, clone the default.xml layout to new file default-copy.xml. In new layout file, remove line:

<block name="slideshow" type="modules" style="raw">slideshow</block>

2. Open pluginssystemjat3jat3base-themesdefaultpagedefault.php, add below codes into line 53th:

<?php if($this->countModules('slideshow')) : ?>
    <div id="ja-slideshow">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="slideshow" />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

3. Create a new profile in JA_Orisite – Default (using the existing profile) which contains default-copy layout in Layout Settings. Then assignt this profile to the Home menu item.

4. Now the slideshow module belongs to mainbody block which allows the right sidebar column move to the top.

5. At this step, your developer will need to adjust the css styles of new layout to make your website look better. I think, he can do this task easily with css files.

Note: As I mentioned above, your requirement is related to customizing our core T3v2 template layout, so that these modified changes will be overwritten when you update our template and T3v2 framework. Remember to backup your modified files.

In addition, this guide will be effective with the default layout (default.xml) only, but you can duplicate the same method with other available layouts. I suggest you to refer our T3v2 documents to be familiar with customizing our T3v2 templates.

1. 7-29-2013-2-29-27-PM
    James Weston Friend

Thanks for the direction.

Can you advise if i can do this without the cloning as we will not be upgrading this template. It is just going to be used for the time being until a new Terline style news template comes out and then we will switch to that.

phong nam Friend

Hi origomedia,

I wanted to suggest you to clone the defeault.xml layout file to a new layout file because maybe the “default” layout has been being assigned in Layout settings of other profiles. It means that other menu items will be afftected, not only Home menu item.

Note: If you really don’t want to clone file, you can still apply my guides above to default.xml file, these will be effective too.

James Weston Friend

Thanks Leo,

That worked a treat. Do you think the slideshow looks fine how it is or do you think I should make it go all the way to the left hand border of the site?

Jim

phong nam Friend

Hi Jim,

In my opinion, I will adjust the slideshow to have the same width with the content-mass-top section below, so that the mainbody will look better 😉

1. 7-30-2013-1-17-33-PM
    James Weston Friend

that makes sense. I will have to do that in the css right? As if i do it in the slideshow module it will just move the left hand side of the slideshow if i make it smaller.

Jim

phong nam Friend

Hi Jim,

Yes. Css only. Reduce the width & float right the slideshow module, that is all. I think you are really good at HTML & CSS, my below codes can be a trial:

#ja-slideshow div.ja-slide-main {
    float: right;
    width: 700px !important;
    }

Put these into the end of template.css file, Clear JAT3 cache too 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  phong nam 11 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum