Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I´m about to change some of the images unde the folder images in the Rasite light orange templae folder. Even though I try to overwrite via my fileadmin (see the url under url info) I get the “Status: Can not change mode”.

If I try to change the permissions to 777 – I still get the msg.

Can you please help

histeriks Friend

steflick;167274I´m about to change some of the images unde the folder images in the Rasite light orange templae folder. Even though I try to overwrite via my fileadmin (see the url under url info) I get the “Status: Can not change mode”.

If I try to change the permissions to 777 – I still get the msg.

Can you please help

Hi steflick,

do you have any way of checking the ownership of the file in question?

What kind of access to your hosting platform beside FTP do you have?

steflick Friend

I can see the Owner is Apache?

histeriks Friend

steflick;167288I can see the Owner is Apache?

Can you send me super admin login info on PM?

histeriks Friend

Since Apache took ownership of complete Rasite directory, i installed you JoomlaXplorer component, which is owned by Apache, and for that reason, you can change permissions to files owned by Apache with it.

This is just a workaround for your problem, until you contact your support tomorrow and ask them to change ownership of Rasite directory to you, so that you can work normally in the future.

In order to change the files you had problems with, navigate to Components/JoomlaXplorer, start the component, navigate with it to your files and change their permissions by selecting them with the tickbox on the left side of the filename, and by clicking on the little keys icon in the upper menu of JoomlaXplorer. On the next screen, select the appropriate permissions and click on the Change button. This will enable you to do what you want. You can also just owerwrite the files directly through JoomlaXplorer.

Remember to return file permissions to their previous state once you’re done with editing.

As i said to you in the PM, if i was on your place, i would try to reinstall the template (unless you changed too many files by now). This might have been just a quirk of Apache, and your template would probably be owned by you which would save you from all this trouble every time you want to change a file.

Good luck.

steflick Friend

Hello histeriks

Sorry to bother you again regarding the issue. I have changed the owner permissions (the hosting company did that for me) and chmoded the image files in the directory, I wanted to change, but now I cannot do anything with the files: rename, delete or change permissions.

I get this msg. when trying to change permissions:

/home/.sites/95/site446/web/joomla/templates/ja_rasite/images/light_orange/arrow-bg.gif: CHMOD Failure:

Do you have an answer to this issue?

histeriks Friend

steflick;167792Hello histeriks

Sorry to bother you again regarding the issue. I have changed the owner permissions (the hosting company did that for me) and chmoded the image files in the directory, I wanted to change, but now I cannot do anything with the files: rename, delete or change permissions.

I get this msg. when trying to change permissions:

/home/.sites/95/site446/web/joomla/templates/ja_rasite/images/light_orange/arrow-bg.gif: CHMOD Failure:

Do you have an answer to this issue?

No need to be sorry.

They obviously did something very wrong. It might very likely be that they changed ownership to somebody else.

Can you still manipulate the files with JoomlaXplorer? You said you chmoded the files, did you do it after they chowned the files, or did they do that?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  histeriks 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum