Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

This template didn’t get the best feedback when it came out, but I love the ‘shades of grey’. Revamped my church website with it!
    Thanks for all the hard work JA team!

URL: http://www.bhmc.org.uk

TomC Moderator

I understand why you, personally, may like the sgades of grey …. but if I am to be constructively honest, grey and a Church website don’t seem to go very well together. A Church generally a symbol of hope, light/enlightenment, joy. Grey just doesn’t really convey that very well.

Have you sought any feedback form members of the Church?
    What do they think?

Honestly, I think that JA Fagus feels very “church-y” with it’s warm colors – there you get your greay background, but also some very nice warm “wood” colors in the color scheme. The site could also use some photo images – of the church, social events, stuff like that.

Just some thoughts and constructive criticism.

😎

hughbo Friend

Yep, completely understand why you’d say that. Previously we did have a light/blue template – much more churchy!

However, the vision for the website changed – a church is an organisation which exists to reach those people who are not members, so it was felt that the image of the church website should appeal not to current members, but to visitors with no church background at all.

To my surprise I’ve received positive comments from church members, even the some older, traditional members.

A lot of the ideas for shades of grey church websites come from here – http://www.marshillchurch.org/ – a large, modern church in Seattle.

Thanks for the reminder on the pictures, have been meaning to do that!

2Patrick Friend

Hi

I am from Singapore where unlike other countries, church memberships are growing by leaps and bounds.

I agree completely with tcraw100.I feel the site seems somewhat subdued .Pesonally I would also like to see hope and love ( and cheerfulness ) associated with such a site ( through images, the content,the colors etc )

But we have to be mindful of what your church wants and respect it. Praise theLord

reachthesky Friend

Good looking site, but as feedback I think a few extra images in the frontpage should do the trick

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  reachthesky 16 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum